She said I seem really bitter about my JW experience....

by Sirona 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    These bastards in Brooklyn are criminally insane and should be put in isolation for their lies and deeds (away from society).

You're kinder than me. I don't think they're insane - I think many of them are fully aware of their abusive practices. Putting them away simply increases the financial burden on the taxpayer. I still think they should douse themselves with gasoline and set themselves ablaze on national television.

Nah, I'm not bitter at all.

W

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Very interesting discussion....

I have absolutely held the belief that I am NOT bitter. Of course, I'm not DF'd, either, and I figured that that's why. But my friends are avoiding me, my husband is pulling away, and still, I have not felt bitter at the situation. In general, I try to have a positive attitude, and have tried to be grateful for the many years with great friendships that I have had.

This past few weeks, though, I have come to the realization that I have literally turned off my emotions, to deal with my current situation. I didn't even know that it was possible to do that, honestly... not to the extent that I have, anyway. The realization came when I allowed my emotions to come back ON, and I started to fall apart. I am angry... I am sad.... I am upset.... I am bitter. And I hate not being in control of my emotions. But at least I have some now....

I'm not going to get too philosophical, because I haven't figured anything else out yet.... LOL.

GGG

• Sirona
    Sirona

Pratt1, thanks for that....sometimes I need a wakeup call as far as caring what others think. Like you said....So what what she thinks?

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

Legolas

(again, how hot is orlando bloom in your avatar!)

Yes, I felt good that I'd educated a non-Jw and I was careful to make clear that it was HIS decision 100% but I outlined my feelings / experiences with JWs. He was sufficiently satisfied and I pretty much know he tested his JW friend out on the details. The guy who works with me is very intelligent and picked up on what I said straight away. Thank god and goddess.

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

Lawrence

"Bitter" that is a mild word. These bastards in Brooklyn are criminally insane and should be put in isolation for their lies and deeds (away from society). Does that sound bitter? I think not. Let's face facts, they have blood, innocent blood on their hands. They deserve the justice they promote and encourage. Bitter? I think not. They are only one cult, but we know this one from the inside and out. All cults should be disbanded, but for now, the WTS is my concern, specifically its closure and complete demise. Bitter? I think not.
    I agree that we are justified in our feelings against them. When I look back on my life, I know that they influenced it in a mainly negative way, They discouraged what would keep me safe and encouraged what would alienate me.

As for all cults should be disbanded, I agree, however we need to define cults....in order to preserve individuality and make sure that not all "religious beliefs" are sanctioned. IMHO as long as there is no control of the individual (except for control of criminal activity in terms of harming others) and there is freedom of thought, the religious group may continue. As for those who hurt others by control, yes I think something should be done. Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona
    It's funny, because in both cases, I explained to them I was not bitter--and understood that mistakes can happen--and that differences of opinion are to be expected. I believe the truth is that they were projecting. Yes, they themselves may have felt "bitter" if they'd been in my shoes. So they did not require any evidence that I myself might have been bitter. The simple relating of the facts of this experience--apart from any attitude, bearing or negative comment from me--was enough to lead them to such a conclusion.

Confession,

That is a very insightful comment. I have found that JWs project under the influence of the Watchtower. They consider that ExJWs are all bitter and angry - which is in fact a reflection of their own bitterness and angriness if they put themselves in our position (or if they didn't, but faced their true feelings about the whole thing).

Sirona

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I think that every one, depending on how long (and deep) they were involved - have broken dreams, and that is always making you bitter.....

• Sirona
    Sirona
    You're kinder than me. I don't think they're insane - I think many of them are fully aware of their abusive practices. Putting them away simply increases the financial burden on the taxpayer. I still think they should douse themselves with gasoline and set themselves ablaze on national television.

mmm well I wouldn't be so harsh, however, if I'd have had a family member die because of their crazy rules then I would maybe feel differently.

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

GGG

This past few weeks, though, I have come to the realization that I have literally turned off my emotions, to deal with my current situation. I didn't even know that it was possible to do that, honestly... not to the extent that I have, anyway. The realization came when I allowed my emotions to come back ON, and I started to fall apart. I am angry... I am sad.... I am upset.... I am bitter. And I hate not being in control of my emotions. But at least I have some now....

I'm not going to get too philosophical, because I haven't figured anything else out yet.... LOL.

GGG

((((((hugs))))))))))

I know how that feels - honestly I do. It is horrendous to come out of the JW and not know where you are or who you are or what you want to do. Trust that you will find your way...you will.

Love

Sirona

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    mmm well I wouldn't be so harsh, however, if I'd have had a family member die because of their crazy rules then I would maybe feel differently.

Well, not my family, but that of my ex. 2 dead - One murder and one suicide. And there's much, much more as well.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit