She said I seem really bitter about my JW experience....

by Sirona 37 Replies latest jw friends

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Sirona,

Maybe you could specify where your disagreements are directed. Maybe you could make clear that it isn't the people you have a problem with but the dogma and organizational practices.

And admitting to having been hurt by your discoveries could convert the appearance of bitterness into the appearance of pain. The two look so similar sometimes that it is hard to distinguish the difference without being told.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• Sirona
    Sirona

Confession,

Yes, it is also the bigger picture. I actually said to her that firstly I'd been hurt by them but secondly, even though I've moved on a lot, I'm a moderator here and that means that I read a lot about other people's experiences with it. I think I said that there are so many people who have been hurt by the religion that I think that is why I might come across as bitter.

Sirona

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

G G G For someone in your position and at this time in your exit, most of us could use the help from a few people who have also gone through the same situations.

That is why this forum is so helpful.

If there are any ex jw's in your area or a good friend that you could visit and discuss things, it would help.

Even better would be to find a counselor or psychologist that you could afford. I know from first hand experience, how difficult it is to deal with all these feelings alone and how much better I felt after the first visit to a counselor.

Outoftheorg

• leslierichards
    leslierichards

where does all this bitterness comes from? many say hey feel trapped, they have no real friends that kind of crap,they never wanted any, i had real friends their, the differnce is some topics u wouldnt want to discuss with them. but come to think of it i had a jw girlfriend i could talk to about anything at all sex u name itshe wasnt uptight. i dont know maybe its where am from

• ballistic
    ballistic

I was a lot more bitter when I first came on this site four years ago. It occasionally re-surfaces but not for long. I am often overly optimistic about the future but sometimes have trouble forming a meaning to the past which is comfortable to live with.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

leslierichards,

FIRST of all, Welcome!!!

I think the bitterness comes from a regret of choices wasted, paths not taken, organizational hypocrisy, prophecies unfilfilled, betrayals from trusted people, and dreams not realized. In my case, I confess to some bitterness due to having used my youth the way I did.

I also have bitterness about what this organization has done to the minds of those I love, convincing them of things that just aren't true and claimingthe Bible says things that it simply does not say.

I hope that answers your question. I am not bitter about not having friends, I have great friends and plenty of 'em. Many of them shun me, even though I am not DF'd or DA'd. Those who don't are true friends, because I have done nothing more than challenge JW doctrine for Scriptural basis.

The organization claims God and the Bible belong to the organization, instead of claiming the organization belongs to God and the Bible. And that's why I'm bitter. Because of the ruined lives and wasted human potential in its wake.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• sf
    sf

bit·ter (btr) KEY

ADJECTIVE:
    bit·ter·er , bit·ter·est

1. Having or being a taste that is sharp, acrid, and unpleasant.
    2. Causing a sharply unpleasant, painful, or stinging sensation; harsh: enveloped in bitter cold; a bitter wind.
    3. Difficult or distasteful to accept, admit, or bear: the bitter truth; bitter sorrow.
    4. Proceeding from or exhibiting strong animosity: a bitter struggle; bitter foes.
    5. Resulting from or expressive of severe grief, anguish, or disappointment: cried bitter tears.
    6. Marked by resentment or cynicism: "He was already a bitter elderly man with a gray face" (John Dos Passos).

___

Ha! I am very bitter. Bite me Watchtower and have a taste!! LOLOLOL!!!

sKally

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't talk about JWs unless someone brings it up. People rarely bring the subject up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit