Can You Spot A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

If you've ever been away on vacation, have you noticed a JW is in your midst? What stands out to you in knowing that a certain person "must" be a JW?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

When sitting in a restaurant you sometimes overhear buzzwords like "elder" or "pioneer" coming from the next table.

Makes me sick. They can't even turn it off long enough to eat.

W

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

For me it's the clothes. Actually I would have to say it's a combination of clothes, place, time of day, and the number of people. It's really easy but my husband never notices and thinks it's amazing when I point the jws out.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

They smell. On an animalistic level, they feel like Witnesses. It is in their movement, the way their eyes move, examining what is around them to exploit the situation into a "witness". Wolves know other wolves. In that way, we are never ex-jw's. There is an air of moral superiority to them that infects their speech and facial expressions. I know it, because I was it.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

sure! they're the group at u'r local bar who actually put down their beers when the waitress brings the cheesy fries, so that they can join hands and pray.

i hated eating in public w/ dubs.

luv, jojo

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Yea..especially at the grazing spots like MC Donalds on Saturday morning.

I had one in a class I taught a few years ago.. took about a week but the buzz words gave him away.

~Hill

• Ellie
    Ellie

They may aswell have flashing lights on their heads they are that easy to spot.

The suits, the knee length or longer skirts, the literature on display in their cars, they stand out a mile away.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Not without them saying anything.

I forgot to add:

I can spot them in field service a mile away because most of the time, no one else stands around doing nothing except the bums in town.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Just go to Tim Hortons on Saturday mornings at 11 am. Half the congregation will be there. The other half is on their way.

W

• minimus
    minimus

I like seeing the really "spiritual" ones with that glazed look in their eyes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit