Can You Spot A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

*edit snarky remark*

Easily. A more interesting question to me is if anyone here has ever pretended to be a Witness to any unknown Witness you see out?

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

I have been tempted to "have a study". I think I could pull it off. I want to see if I could do a reverse study. I live far enough away from my initial home that no one knows me here.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Yep - spotted three this morning at coffee!

Of course I knew them as locals when I was in. They spotted me too, and made sure they applied a healthy dose of 'shunning'. I shunned them back and commented to one of my coffee friends that they were from the 'CULT' I had left. I made sure they could overhear that comment if they wanted to - they need something to gossip about in service this morning anyway. Always glad to help.

Jeff

• gladdy
    gladdy

In a heartbeat, they are the patients I wait on that immediately flash their NO BLOOD card in my face before I even ask their name !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    A more interesting question to me is if anyone here has ever pretended to be a Witness to any unknown Witness you see out?

I was tempted this morning when I saw a JW woman I knew some years back. She's still pretty hot. But I'm sure she knows I'm an apostate.

W

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The miserable face.

They don't really look at and interact with the people around them.

The "I'm pretending not to judge you" look.

John Updike in his short story "Packed Dirt, Churchgoing, a Dying Cat, a Traded Car" :

"...into this pit hesitantly walked a plain, painfully clean girl... She had yellow hair, thick lips, and, behind pink-rimmed glasses, large eyes that looked as if they had been corrected from being crossed. they flicked across our faces and focussed straight ahead in that tunnel vision gaze of those who know perfectly well they are figures of fun. The Jehovah's Witnesses who come to the door wear that expression."

(Very good and moving story by the way)

HB

• minimus
    minimus

I like the "pioneer shuffle", myself.

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

Ya, The glazed look in their eyes and the dumb smirk.

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Heck yeah. I've even taught my wife how to ID 'em. It's good fun. It's the grouping, location, clothes, styles of clothing on adults and especially the adolescent kids. I remember goin' into the donut shop after talking to maybe one person in field service, and the good buddy elder friend of mine eating so many powdered donuts and getting it all over his face and clothes. He always wore the same cheesy plaid polyester sport jacket. On our vacation-district assembly dinners at the local smorgasboard (Ponderosa Steakhouse) he would get the salad bar for himself and then make a million trips to fill up his 3 girls plates even though he only paid for one. Talk about cheap. He was always on a diet and was such a slob it was embarassing when he got food all over himself. All of 'em insisted on wearing their badges, too. God, I can't believe I dragged my family thru it.

• minimus
    minimus

Oh I See You Ate It Too-----That was great!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit