Can any JWs answered this question?

by Tyre 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• zagor
    zagor

Oh geez not again this topic

This has been debated up and down, and up and down, and up and down....
    I the end it is mostly a matter of philosophical opinion or way of looking at things. Though I still hold that original Hebrew must take precedence when discussing this issue....

Anyway, here is a link you might like to check out ...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/92969/1.ashx

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

You have an attitude that guarantees that you'll never be able to untangle the mess that people have made regarding ideas such as "immortality".

indeed. i also have an attitude that guarantees that i'll never be able to untangle the mess that people have made regarding ideas such as "talking asses".

• Schizm
    Schizm
    indeed. i also have an attitude that guarantees that i'll never be able to untangle the mess that people have made regarding ideas such as "talking asses".

I hope you enjoy talking to yourself from here on out, because I don't plan on giving you another second of my time.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus
    The WTS understands "immortality" to mean that the person can't die nor be put to death, which is WRONG.

OK well I think they defend their definition of immortality by what Jesus said, that such a person would have "life within himself". That means self-regeneration and an anability to die, as opposed to everlasting life, which is deathless, but not "life within himself" and thus subject to death if one's external needs are not taken care of. The Watchtower will define words based on their usage in the scriptures, not what tradition or Funk & Wagnall's says.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    OK well I think they defend their definition of immortality by what Jesus said, that such a person would have "life within himself".

Please point out to me where Jesus ever said such a thing.

• daystar
    daystar
    that's true. as we all know, immortals can be killed by either cutting their head off, piercing their heart or shooting them with a silver bullet, depending on the type of immortality.

There can be only one!

• defd
    defd

When an Apostate(A) and JW having a conversation.

A : In Genesis 1:26 With who was God speaking to ;? Gen 1: 26 And God went on to say: “Let ;US make man in ;OUR image, according to ;OUR likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every moving animal that is moving upon the earth

JW : On that verse? Hrmm;God was talking with Angels.

We believe Jehovah was talking to Jesus. Not with the angels.

• jgnat
    jgnat

So in your worldview, defd, Jesus was the first of all creation? As in, God made Jesus first in his image, then the light, and the darkness, firmanent, and the deep, and all that?

• defd
    defd

yes

• steve2
    steve2

Compared to "scholar's", defd's straightforward answers to questions are straightforward and nondefensive. I may not agree with defd's answers, but I respect his/her manner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit