Can any JWs answered this question?

by Tyre 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Immortality therefore evidently refers to the quality of the life they enjoy, its endlessness and indestructibility, whereas incorruption apparently relates to the organism or body that God gives them, one that is inherently beyond decay, ruin, or destruction. It therefore appears that God grants them the power to be self-sustaining, not dependent upon outside sources of energy as are his other creatures, fleshly and spirit.--
    it-1 pp. 1197-1198 Incorruption.

The person who wrote the above will one day see that he wrote in error. No big deal really, just a bit sad that people haven't as yet gotten the right idea after all the effort that's been expended.

• steve2
    steve2
    To list a few things that need refinement:
    • The "time of the end" hasn't yet begun.
    • Jesus' "presence" did not take place in 1914.
    • The "appointed times of the nations" did not run out in 1914.
    • The 8th King hasn't arrived yet.
    • The 7th King is NOT a "dual world power" (the US & Britain). All present-day governments make up the 7th King.
    • The last horn that arises on the 4th beast of Daniel 7 is not the 7th King, as thought. It's the 8th King instead.
    • "Immortality" is not what the WTS understands it to be.

Schizm knows something that not even the misnamed "faithful and discreet slave" know.

And - get this! - it was first announced on an ex-JW site. I'm sure this is all going according to someone's "Divine" plan. I will stay tuned for the big announcement, Schizm. Although I suspect there will be a smaller one first: Your excommunication from the Watchtower Society!

• Vashti
    Vashti

Furthermore, consider the following:

"This is what Jehovah has said...'I, Jehovah, am doing everything, stretching out the heavens by myself, laying out the earth. Who was with me?...I myself, Jehovah, have created it...I myself have made the earth and have created even man upon it. I - my own hands - have stretched out the heavens and all the army of them I have commanded." Isaiah 44:24, 45:8,12 NWT

It seems pretty clear to me that Jehovah is unequivocally stating that he, alone and unaided, created everything - even "forming light and creating darkness" Isaiah 45:7

So it is a very good question as to who the other/s with whom God was speaking could possibly be. Either Jehovah was alone, as he stated, or he was no alone.

Can anyone shed any light on this matter?

• Schizm
    Schizm
    To list a few things that need refinement:
    • The "time of the end" hasn't yet begun.
    • Jesus' "presence" did not take place in 1914.
    • The "appointed times of the nations" did not run out in 1914.
    • The 8th King hasn't arrived yet.
    • The 7th King is NOT a "dual world power" (the US & Britain). All present-day governments make up the 7th King.
    • The last horn that arises on the 4th beast of Daniel 7 is not the 7th King, as thought. It's the 8th King instead.
    • "Immortality" is not what the WTS understands it to be.

Schizm knows something that not even the misnamed "faithful and discreet slave" know.

Yes, and like I said, the list above is only a "few" of the things that need to be, and will be, refined. Why should anyone be astonshished at the thought that someone, such as myself for example, should "know something that not even the faithful and discreet slave does"? Anyone that can't see that Daniel 11:35 speaks of that very thing isn't very attentive. Does that scripture not say that "some of those having insight will stumble" with the result being that a refinement comes about? Should one think that the "some" who stumble would be of the FDS? That would be ridiculous to think that.

And - get this! - it was first announced on an ex-JW site.

Sorry to let the air out of your bag, but this isn't the "first" time this has been spoken about on the Internet. But insofar as it being aired on an "ex-JW site," there's nothing actually wrong with doing such a thing since it provides an additional way for any who might be interested in correctly understanding the meaning of the scriptures, such as Daniel 11:35.

I noticed in reading your "profile" that you said this:

My view is, we humans just don't know what the truth is, and taking a position of knowing closes our minds.

According to you, my mind is closed. I'm afraid that you're quite mistaken. My mind is far from being closed.

Something else you said that is alarming:

Subsequently obtained PhD in Psychology and now a registered clinical psychologist in an adult community setting.

Which just goes to show how that "anybody" can get such an education and become placed in a practice in which people with mental problems will come to for help, not really knowing that the "Doctor" himself has mental problems. I don't mean to say that just to offend you, but you need to hear it. Being the professional that you are I doubt that you will take offense anyway.

I will stay tuned for the big announcement, Schizm.

Yeah, why don't you do that.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Schizm:

35 And some of those having insight will be made to stumble, in order to do a refining work because of them and to do a cleansing and to do a whitening, until the time of the end; because it is yet for the time appointed.

It's quite obvious, then, that the refinement spoken about will have been accomplished just prior to the beginning of the "time of the end". Note: "to do a refining work ... until the time of the end".

So, since people continue to stumble, are we not in the "time of the end"?

Not only the WTS, but also the Apostles would be disturbed to hear that.

As for your lack of understand regarding the "immortality" that's granted to the 144,001, it would seem to indicate that you either joined the JWs late in life or never paid attention at meetings. Even children know that one. As a young Pioneer I used to ponder what it must be like for individuals to not even have to rely on Jehovah any more for life, whereas we were only to get "everlasting life" - the duracell version that never wore down, as long as you were good (coz Santa knows when you're sleeping, etc., donchaknow...)

Anyway, regardless of whether you're ignoring me or not, I'd really love to know if you are indicating that we aren't yet in the "time of the end"...

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Anyway, regardless of whether you're ignoring me or not, I'd really love to know if you are indicating that we aren't yet in the "time of the end"...

No, we're not yet in the time of the end. I wish we were, but we're not. I hope to live to see it, but it better hurry up and get here or I'll miss it. But then again, when I think about what is foretold to happen when the time of the end does get underway, it is frightful to contemplate. The Bible predicts the colapse of all governments, as a result of THE war mentioned in Matthew 24:7. Can you imagine the chaos that peoples will experience during a time such as that? Then after going thru all of that, a newly formed One-World Government will demand everyone's allegience. People who refuse to render such allegience won't be allowed to buy the necessities for life. It will be comparable to when the 3 Hebrews were put on the spot to either bow down to Nebuchadnezzar's image or be thrown into the furnace. But of course you don't believe any of this.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Schizm:Actually you probably haven't got much of a clue what I do or don't believe

I'm mostly Preterist, though I do hold to a "spiritual" occurance of the end times stuff in the individuals life. Cognative dissonance is a pretty hard war to fight.

I also reserve the possibility that it might all have a physical significance, but as it could come anytime (and could have anytime in the last 2000yrs) and given that my life was on hold waiting for it as a JW with the tension of expectation, I now tend to live as good a life as possible and let it come when it comes. Since I beleive that "relationship" is paramount, my focus is on that, not reward or difficult time-periods.

Thanks for your candor, though

• steve2
    steve2
    Which just goes to show how that "anybody" can get such an education and become placed in a practice in which people with mental problems will come to for help, not really knowing that the "Doctor" himself has mental problems. I don't mean to say that just to offend you, but you need to hear it. Being the professional that you are I doubt that you will take offense anyway.

I appreciate your saying that you don't mean to cause offense. However, making allegations about mental problems does seem a personal and hurtful thing to say about me, especially in the context of a disagreement over the present topic. I understand that it may be difficult for you to conclude how anyone could not see things differently from you, but I don't think it justifies quoting details from my profile and using them in a derogatory way. I am not saying any of this to aggravate you and if I have, I'm sorry. I am disappointed in the unnecessarily personal tone you have introduced into the exchange but I also own that I have said things that probably didn't help either. I wish you well in your faith.

• Laborde2005
    Laborde2005

The answer to that question is simple. It was Jesus. I don't know what JW told you it was angel's, they must of not been a JW. Jesus was the first thing that Jehovah made. That why when he says to make in OUR image, he is simply talking to his "only-gotten son" Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit