Can any JWs answered this question?

by Tyre 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• defd
    defd

thank you. I am a HE by the way.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

OK I should have used ' ' quotes and not " " quotes when I said:

OK well I think they defend their definition of immortality by what Jesus said, that such a person would have "life within himself".

*** Rbi8 John 6:52-56 ***

" 53 Accordingly Jesus said to them: "Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. 54 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; 55 for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him.

JWs since CT Russell's time have interpreted this passage to mean the anointed who partake of Jesus' flesh will have 'life in themselves.' They define that as meaning a self-generating life, having no external needs, relying on nothing and nobody for their life. That is what Paul meant when he described the resurrection of these person in this way:

*** Rbi8 1 Corinthians 15:53 ***

53 For this which is corruptible must put on incorruption, and this which is mortal must put on immortality.

If I search the watchtower CD-ROM I am sure I can come up with their explanation better than I'm doing.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Schizm:

"Never-ending life" simply means that the person is no longer under the condemnation of death, because of having proven themselves worthy.

So you earn it then? Who does an imperfect human go about becoming "worthy" when the standard is allegedly perfect holiness? Gawdammit, you just set me back several years, with my impure thoughts Defd: Love the Avatar

• Tyre
    Tyre

Genesis 11: 7 Come now! Let US go down and there confuse their language that they may not listen to one another’s language.”

In Genesis 1:26 if God was said to Jesus and It was not Square with Gen 1:26-27 itself, because God said “Let US make man in OUR image, according to OUR likeness Then in Genesis 1:27 And God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.

Man was created in God's Image ?

If God was talked with Angels....how come Man was created with God-Angel's Image, it will contradicted with Gen 1:27 Created Man in God's image.

If God was talked with Jesus, and Jesus was a Creature, then When God said “Let US make man in OUR image, according to OUR likeness" , then Man was created in God-Creature's Image ?

Could it be Jesus is God ? if so then would not be contradited with Genesis 1:27 and John 1:1

• Schizm
    Schizm

Cygnus,

OK well I think they defend their definition of immortality by what Jesus said, that such a person would have "life within himself".

*** Rbi8 John 6:52-56 ***

53 Accordingly Jesus said to them: "Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. 54 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day;

Thanks for pointing to the scripture that you were referring to. What I'm interesting in is not particularly how someone else interprets those words of Jesus, but what Jesus himself really meant by what he said.

Now, really, what did Jesus mean by the words "you have no life in yourselves"?

To my understanding all that he meant was that his listeners, unless they did as instructed, they would remain in the same pitiful state as they had been in since birth--condemned to die--which was the very state that Adam was in after his sin. Thus, were they to not do as Jesus instructed they would remain as "dead" persons = "have no life in yourselves".

• Cygnus
    Cygnus
    What I'm interesting in is not particularly how someone else interprets those words of Jesus, but what Jesus himself really meant by what he said.

Oh, well I'm not your man then, sorry.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

If God was talked with Angels....how come Man was created with God-Angel's Image, it will contradicted with Gen 1:27 Created Man in God's image.

just get used to bible contradictions, girl.

• defd
    defd

Tyre you are thinking WAY to hard. so hard that you are confusing yourself......

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Tyre you are thinking WAY to hard. so hard that you are confusing yourself......

Yes. It`s so much better to accept pre-established oversimplified interpretations from a corrupt organisation, that claim to be gods prophet on earth, in spite of a century and a half of failed prophecies.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    JWs since CT Russell's time have interpreted this passage [John 6:53] to mean the anointed who partake of Jesus' flesh will have 'life in themselves.' They define that as meaning a self-generating life, having no external needs, relying on nothing and nobody for their life.--Cygnus.

In all my years of association with the WTS I've never heard or read of that in the publications. Can you point to an example, say since the early 1960's? Or, maybe you're just pulling my leg? I just read the following about you in another thread:

And you [Cygnus] are one of the best when it comes to pulling someone's leg using jw disinformation - cracked me up everytime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit