defd, three sincere questions

by OldSoul 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Ahem. I have an announcement to make: QUESTIONS ARE NOT A FORM OF PERSECUTION (unless they are of an offline nature).

I forgot to add: No disrespect intended...No, you`re right, questions are not a form of persecution. However, he never claimed to be an expert on his own religion, he`s just your average dub. And we all know how poorly they know the basics of their own beliefs. Scholar on the other hand, claims to be an expert.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    All other religions in the world are imperfect, and they are all controlled by Satan in order to keep people out of God's imperfect organization. ;

That is what the BIBLE says.

Actually, I would like to see a single scripture that says this is so. The scriptures do say that Satan makes himself 'an angle of light', but no connection is made to 'false religion' that I know of.

DEFD - please elaborate in detail. [Don't know why I bother to ask - ahem]

Jeff

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

FF,

Most of the time our goals on the board are dissimilar and for our own personal reasons, as they should be. Simply because we share a common past does not negate that we come from a large cross section of people. The commonalities that I notice in posters are humor (we are just trying to survive our traumas with an occasional smile), support, aiding others to think, aiding others to question themselves and us to find our personal truth, etc.

I think Defd can be aggravating. However, I don't think its his fault. It appears at times and must feel from his perspective that he is being attacked. Therefore his strikes back. For him to respond to anything, it usually has to have the header or the appearance of being truly sincere. Those of us who ask him questions truly do want answers. Perhaps he knows something we do not since his faith in the organization is still strong. (or at least appears so) For this I am awed and applaud Defd. Perhaps he has a faith that I do not yet understand. I am prepared to be wrong for my stance and eat crow if I am wrong, as are many of us.

With this rant, what does it accomplish to muck-rake with him? I'm not attacking you my man. On the contrary, you make my day better. I laugh at the humorous things you post on a daily basis.

Luke

• Soledad
    Soledad

All other religions in the world are imperfect, and they are all controlled by Satan in order to keep people out of God's imperfect organization.

That is what the BIBLE says.
    Where?

• trevor
    trevor

Poor old Defd. You have to feel sorry for him. Soaked with unanswerable questions and drenched with evidence of contradictions - day after day he vainly tries to refute the torrent of information that has discredited the Watchtower Society.

When I think of him I get a vision of a man standing waist deep in a flooded street trying to bail out the water with a fork. I want to take him into the warm give him a hug and buy him a drink.

May your god bless you Defd you deserve it.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Lets take it easy on Dfed. Remember your troubles when you were not comfortable with the wbts yet you were still hoping for it to be the real source of God??

If he is like most of us were, we never had a real depth of first hand knowledge about the bible.

We could not pull up scriptures to defend the wbts, so we would respond to a challenge with confusion and anger and guilt at not having that ability.

To be too hard on him would be like knowing a guy who was depressed and sick, yet won't see the doctor, So WE BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF HIM. That won't heal a thing.

Outoftheorg

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    To be too hard on him would be like knowing a guy who was depressed and sick, yet won't see the doctor, So WE BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF HIM. That won't heal a thing.

Agreed.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I have to concur that Derrick is getting a little more flak than deserved. I actually like him.

Remembering that there's a human behind the other screen can sometimes be difficult!

• defd
    defd

I must agree. Def D is actually a pretty cool guy. I know him well

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

defd,

Have you decided whether you can support those four teachings with Scripture? Do you need more time to study?

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit