Do you JW's believe that during the 1000 yr reign that all the dead will JW

by booker-t 40 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

My question then is: So if Witnesses and non-Witnesses who die now, both get a resurrection here on earth, why should anyone go to 5 meetings a week, go banging on doors every waking moment and obey all the insane rules and regulations that the WTS puts on their shoulders if you're going to get a resurrection anyway?

Well mary it is because the Elder didnt answer you right.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

defd,

Are you serious? You believe the Knowledge book is not current teachings? I am stunned. You said you "haven't heard it" but you were te one who used it. And you used it as though that is what you've always believed. Haven't you always believed it?

If you've never heard it, and Revelation doesn't say it, where did you get it from.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul EDIT: Actually, defd didn't say he had never heard it, in fact he said just the opposite. I apologize.

• blondie
    blondie

defd, I think a lot of JWs wondered that when the WTS changed the timing of the separation of the sheep and the goats to when Jesus appears with the angels to judge humans. Basically, anyone who dies before Armageddon will be resurrected, whether they went to 5 meetings or not.

w99 5/1 p. 13 "These Things Must Take Place"/Judgment Ahead!

Note that Matthew 24:29-31 foretells that (1) the Son of man comes, (2) this coming will be with great glory, (3) the angels will be with him, and (4) all the tribes of the earth will see him. Jesus repeats these elements in the parable of the sheep and the goats. (Matthew 25:31-46) Hence, we can conclude that this parable deals with the time, after the opening outbreak of tribulation, when Jesus will come with his angels and sit down on his throne to judge. (John 5:22; Acts 17:31; compare 1 Kings 7:7; Daniel 7:10, 13, 14, 22, 26; Matthew 19:28.)

• defd
    defd

Old soul lets not make this a mean discussion. Did I say I never heard it?

The whole reason for me posting on this subject was to DISAGREE with a statement made. JWS believe that you must be baptised and converted to JW to live in new system. All I said that it wasnt true. I qoueted act and revelations. Now you are taking an opportunity to brow beat me.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

I apologize, defd. I wasn't trying to make this mean. I misread your post and responded to what I thought you wrote. I went back and reread your words more slowly and voila! You didn't write what I thought you wrote.

Please forgive.

That said, "current teaching" doesn't equate to "new teaching." It only means that the teaching is not outdated yet, that is, that it is still being taught. As your post that I misread actually admitted. I thought (dyslexia?) that you were denying it. Picture me in sackcloth and ashes with my garments torn asunder.

Still, the problem remains that it is current teaching and it is not supported by Scripture. On page 146 of What Does the Bible Really Teach?, the opening sentence of paragraph 6 purports to represent one of the six criteria for determining the true religion. It reads: "God's servants base their teachings on the Bible."

I would like to see that demonstrated by a Witness. Any Witness. All the teachings of the organization are linchpin teachings, in that, if they are taught without basis in Scripture it proves the religion is not the Truth. But, the four teachings in this thread will get you defd for disbelieving them even though there are no Scriptures to support: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/98798/1708287/post.ashx#1708287

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• defd
    defd

Thanks for the apology. It is accepted. I dont feel really good today so i must take my leave. See ya 2marrow.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Get better!

OldSoul

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Not the slightest clue!

If such a time should come, worry about how to be among those people that have the favor of God. The rest will be up to Him to establish.

DY

• Mary
    Mary
    defd said: Well mary it is because the Elder didnt answer you right.

So, you got the right answer defd?

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

The dubbers never went into any detail on what will be taught, just that when res. the person will need to accept the dubdom to live forever.

There was the use of the more scrolls to be opened, but they never went into any detail as to what this might be, we are only talking hypo here as it is all bull shit any ways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit