Do you JW's believe that during the 1000 yr reign that all the dead will JW

by booker-t 40 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

reminds me of the 1000 virgins that a devout muslim gets when he blows himself in the middle of a schoolyard or something.

Sorry to corrct you, but it is 72 black-eyed virgins to be precise

• tfsm
    tfsm

sorry. I meant to say blows himself up. not blows himself. entirely different thing altogether

• tfsm
    tfsm

geez. all of that came off very badly. 72 virgins instead of a thousand. btw, I'm not anti-muslim, I was just trying (poorly) to make a comparison

• Undecided
    Undecided

Why arn't you anti-muslim, afraid one of them will come by and blow you up?

Ken P.

• Gordy
    Gordy
    I was talking to a JW's elder the other day and he told me that people like my grandmother who was a "devout born-again baptist" would have to study and become a JW's in the 1000 year reign before she could enter into paradise.

Also as a ressurected person she would according to JW teaching be without sin.

As already stated "scrolls will be opened" during that time so therefore, its not just a case of your Grandmother learning, but ALL, even JW's will have new things to learn.

• defd
    defd

but I was talking to a JW's elder the other day and he told me that people like my grandmother who was a "devout born-again baptist" would have to study and become a JW's in the 1000 year reign before she could enter into paradise. ;

CORRECT - This is the current teaching - but remember, the light gets dimmer and dimmer!

I beg to differ. That is not true. According to the SCRIPTURES the righteous and the unrighteous will be ressurected during the 1000 yr reign. Acts 24:15 According to Revelations, NEW SCROLLS wil be opened and from those scrolls is what will determine who goes on to live for ever. Revelations 20:12

• oldflame
    oldflame

I would not worry about your grandmother. She aparently loved the Lord and she is more than likely in Heaven with God as we speak. God is a loving and compassionate God who loves all people the same. She worshipped and Loved and lived a great life I am sure. Who cares what the JW's say about your grandmother and others alike because it is not up to them to judge but that is Gods privilage and not mans.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Don't forget the final cleansing after the thousand year reign when wickedness will be completely removed ( and all errant resurrected ones).

The fear and dread of almighty god goes on a lot longer than just armageddon

• Cygnus
    Cygnus
    Also as a ressurected person she would according to JW teaching be without sin.

Not quite.

w74 2/1 p. 96 Questions from Readers ***

However, others of mankind, including those resurrected on earth during Christ’s thousand-year reign, will not immediately be freed from sinful inclinations and their deadly effects. In fact, without the benefits of Christ’s ransom being applied to them and their availing themselves of these, such resurrected ones on earth would die again. That liberation from sinful inclinations will eventually take place during the Christ’s thousand-year reign is confirmed at 1 Corinthians 15:24-28. There we read that not until "the last enemy, death," is brought to nothing will Jesus ‘hand over the kingdom to his God and Father.’ This ‘handing over of the kingdom’ could not occur until the completion of Christ’s thousand-year reign.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    defd: I beg to differ. That is not true. According to the SCRIPTURES the righteous and the unrighteous will be ressurected during the 1000 yr reign. Acts 24:15 According to Revelations, NEW SCROLLS wil be opened and from those scrolls is what will determine who goes on to live for ever. Revelations 20:12

defd,

Let's suppose I agree with you. Then suppose I want to teach that truth to someone else. Let's further complicate my life by saying I want to use the Scriptures to teach. Outside of Watchtower publications, where would I go to prove that there are "new scrolls?" In other words, where in Scripture are the "new scrolls" opened? Where, in fact, is the phrase "new scrolls" found in the Scriptures?

I fully understand your having taken their word for it. I did for many years.

Did you know that the Greek word for "scrolls" in the phrase translated "and scrolls were opened" is "biblion"? Translated into Latin as biblia. Little books. There is nothing in the Greek to indicate novelty in the books. But this teaching is used, in part, to bolster the concept of current "new light."

They used their usurped authority to add to the scrolls. Revelation 22:18 is clearly stated: "If anyone makes an addition to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this scroll." That is, unless they really have authority from God. Have you come up with Scripture to prove their authority yet?

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit