Do you JW's believe that during the 1000 yr reign that all the dead will JW

by booker-t 40 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

I was wondering especially from some of the old timers out there JW's or ex-JW's that really understand the JW's concept of the reserrected dead during the 1000 reign of Jesus Christ. Do they believe that the people brought back from the dead will have to convert to JW's in order to live on for eternity? I know this sounds like a stupid question but I was talking to a JW's elder the other day and he told me that people like my grandmother who was a "devout born-again baptist" would have to study and become a JW's in the 1000 year reign before she could enter into paradise. I was totally confused because I always thought that JW's believed that people who died non-JW's would not have to study what JW's are teaching now because according to them there will be new heavens and new earth and I always thought "new teachings" from Jesus and Jehovah for all of JW's to believe in. If my grandmother is reserrected and has to learn what Jehovah's Witnesses are teaching now wouldn't alot of stuff be wrong? They don't believe in the "generation of 1914" anymore they don't believe in the goats and sheep being seperated before Armaggeddon anymore, so what is it that my grandmother if she is reserrected into the 1000 year reign would have to learn. I know they feel that all of the churches will be destroyed including my grandma's baptist church so with no baptist churches around would she have to go into the kingdom halls? I thought that JW's believed that the kingdom halls would perish also because the "beast of revelations" would attack all religions including JW's. And that JW's would have to rely on Jehovah and Jesus and their knowlege to survive into the new system. Please someone out there explain this to me I have been away from JW's for so long I don't know what they teach anymore.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

The answer is: they have no clue.

What is presented is that there will be a great tribulation, which involves four parts: Jehovah will lead Gog of Magog (Satan) by his jaws to result in the turning of "elements inside the UN" on religion and its destruction, the turning of their attention towards Jehovah's Witnesses, the only organized religion that will survive the assault, and Armageddon, brought on by the massive persecution against JWs described as 'touching the eyeball' of Jehovah himself, turning his wrath against the nations and bringing about Armageddon, which will kill everyone not actively associated with JWs as baptized members, and even some JWs who are not strong enough spiritually will also be destroyed. The destruction at Aramgeddon is permanent and annihilatory.

JWs teach that when a person dies, his sins are erased and he automatically qualifies for a resurrection, whether righteous or unrighteous, JW or not. Some will not be resurrected, including Adam and Eve, the religious leaders of Jesus' day, and Judas Iscariot.

What happens afterwards is the second resurrection and the work of restoring the earth to paradise conditions. How this restoration will be logistically accomplished is never said. The resurrection will be gradual, with the Hebrew patriarchs likely returning firstly, and those recently died early, and everyone else later (so most do not get a full 1000 years of life and teaching). JWs say there will be a gradual return to paradise and human everlasting life (not immortality) will finally occur after 1000 years. Then Satan will be released from his abyssing at Armageddon and mislead a great number of people who have lived for however many of years during the 1000 year reign and they will turn on righteousness and essentially a second Armageddon occurs and they are all destroyed and then faithful humans will live forever (still not immortal though).

That is briefly a description of JW eschatology, however warped it may appear.

Your grandmother would then have to convert her thinking and behavior to whatever JWs decide is righteous and proper after she is resurrected, and also have to pass the final test in order to live forever.

Not much of the basics of these teachings have changed in decades. They all differ substantially from what CT Russell taught. (edited to correct one noticed spelling mistake)

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

You are right.. there are also more scrolls to be opened with more information of what is going to happen. The Jws don't know what is going to happen they just assume as always and make alot of WRONG assumptions. Some JWs make the wrong assumption that the people from other religions will convert to JW but I think what assumption they are trying to get out is that the people believing the "wrong" teachings.. like Trinity.. -Fornication is okay as long as you repent every day--etc are the things the people will turn away from and 'join' the JWs. ... Hey .. you think I could say assumption again? Assumption....assume ... !

Uuuhh. Anyway. Thats my idea on that.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

but I was talking to a JW's elder the other day and he told me that people like my grandmother who was a "devout born-again baptist" would have to study and become a JW's in the 1000 year reign before she could enter into paradise.

CORRECT - This is the current teaching - but remember, the light gets dimmer and dimmer!

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

You say that you don't know what the JWs teach anymore - well things haven't changed much, they teach LIES.

Many of the books we had spent hours and hours studying, are "old Hat" according to one elder in our old cong. Where in the bible does it mention having to go to a KH to worship?

twinkletoes

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Interesting. And can someone explain something for me, a non-JW, please.

If JWs forgo materialistic pleasures like a lovely house, lots of good things to eat and drink, wonderful holidays etc. to put spirituality first, why should they suddenly change their values in the new 'system' to something less spiritual.

Will they be more interested in those kinds of material things now considered worldly or materialistic? I hear JWs talking of wonderful material things in the new system. Will it be okay to be more materialistic in the new system than in this one? Is that the good news? spirituality now wins you materialism later? Interesting.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

As a side note, and I apologize for being off-topic, but when I was a kid, prepubescent, Raiders of the Lost Ark was on television, and the whole family was watching, and near the end when the priest went to open the ark, my dad, who has known the Bible inside and out for decades, showed me how the priest was wearing the Urim and Thummim with its different jewels and precious stones, and I thought that was cool, then when the Nazis faces melted he showed me in Zechariah 14:12: " There will be a rotting away of one’s flesh, while one is standing upon one’s feet; and one’s very eyes will rot away in their sockets, and one’s very tongue will rot away in one’s mouth" and said 'that is how it'll be at Armageddon.' I thought ewwwwwww how horrible.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If JWs forgo materialistic pleasures like a lovely house, lots of good things to eat and drink, wonderful holidays etc. to put spirituality first, why should they suddenly change their values in the new 'system' to something less spiritual.

BECAUSE THEY ARE TWO-FACED BAS******S

• tfsm
    tfsm

Foregoing the material things now so you can have everything later kind of reminds me of the 1000 virgins that a devout muslim gets when he blows himself in the middle of a schoolyard or something.

• blondie
    blondie

It's only 72.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit