• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Yes ... BIG coffee person here.

My favorite roaster? http://www.batdorf.com

Good stuff!

-ithinkisee

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

As I wrote elsewhere, I love the taste of coffee, drown it in milk. My favorites are Swiss Mocha or French Vanilla. But coffee makes me ill so I rarely drink it. :(

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes, I love coffee. They call me Expresso Queen here at work. I have 2 (3 on a bad day) 10 oz cups a day. On weekends, I'm usually passing a Starbucks somewhere and will always stop. At home, I brew my own and use Gevalia.

• rebel8
    rebel8

LOL at Frannie!!

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

I'm not even a human untill like cup 4 maybe NECTAR OF THE GODS

• damselfly
    damselfly

I am anxiously awaiting my first cup of the day. Water has never taken so long to boil

Dams

• under74
    under74

I'm from Seattle. But although I love the so-called gourmet crap Seattle has become known for...I'm not all that picky. I love coffee in general. The only stuff I have a problem with is some instant coffees....because they give me a stomach ache.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I thought i was a coffee addict until i had to cut back cuz my body couldn't handle it so much anymore. Then, i stopped completely for a while for the sake of my stomache. I'm surprised that i don't miss it more. I still have some now and then, and of course, i have tim horton's ice cappachino fairly often. It's pretty light in actual coffee content, more chocolate, cream and sugar.

S

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I even have a taste for International coffees.

Swedish coffee, anyone? Using a glass percolator without the grounds basket (on the stove top), bring pot of water to boil. While water is coming to boil, mix 4 generous scoops of your favorite coffee in small bowl with 2 raw eggs and pinch of salt. When water comes to boil, add coffee/egg mixture to boiling water. Bring to boil again and let simmer for 5-10 minutes until coffee has a good brewed coffee color and aroma. Do not overboil. Remove from heat and immediately add 5 or 6 ice cubes. As ice melts, the coffee grounds mixture will sink to the bottom. Pour and serve sweetened or not, as you like it. Coffee has very little bitter oils and will taste much smoother than regular coffee. Njuta av!

Greek coffee is always served black, in small and thick cups. It is made in a briki, a tall, small container with a long handle and a lip, made out of copper, aluminium or stainless steel and served in demitasse cups. Greek coffee can be purchased where imported foods are to be found and is finely ground almost to a powder.

Greek coffee is easy to make. First, measure the required cups (demitasse) of water into the briki. The measure should be one of the cups that the coffee is going to be served in. It is advisable not to make more than 3-4 small cups of coffee at a time.

Greek coffee can be made in four different ways. It can be sketos (without sugar, strong and bitter), metrios (medium, usually with one teaspoonful of sugar), glykys or vari glykos (almost honey-sweet) and glykys vrastos - sweet but boiled more then once so it loses most of its froth. I've also been served Greek coffee in which sweetened condensed milk was the sweetener.....in Nicosia, Cyprus.

Depending on which art of Greek Coffee you like, measure and add into the briki the coffee, a teaspoonful of coffee per cup, and the sugar. For a medium coffee the best balance is to add the same amount of sugar as coffee. Put the briki on a low heat and stir its contents a little, until the coffee is diluted in the water. Hold the briki by the handle all the time as it boils so quickly and spills everywhere. Watch it starting to rise with a bubbly foam. Let it rise - and don't panic! - until it reaches the lips of the briki and then immediately withdraw from the heat. Once the coffee has been made, let it stand for one minute to allow the coffee grounds to settle at the bottom of the briki. Pour a little in each cup, to distribute the froth in all the cups. Then proceed and just fill them up to the brim.

Greek coffee is never stirred once it has been made and served and is drunk slowly. Serve it together with a glass of cold water. Aktazo!

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee for the day. With a one year old and a 5 year old...coffee is mandatory.

Nothing happens at our house until I get that first cup of coffee on board.......

I even made hubby buy me a coffee machine with a timer so I wouldn't have to do complicated things like making coffee before I've had my first cup of coffee.

I don't like starbucks though...it hurts my stomach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit