any coffee addicts here?

by enigmatic 33 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Funny, but this is the first thread I see opening up JWD this morning, with my fresh cuppa joe... french pressed. Unfortunately it's a blend of folgers and some vanilla flavored someone gave us. we're drinking it up trying to get rid of it. Amazing what a fr. press can do for lousy coffee.

That and a shot of canned milk. I like the sweet of canned milk, and creamy with less calories than half-n-half. Much less expensive too, and less cholestoerol.

Mexican coffee - Oaxacan - is my favorite, dark roasted. The best I've found comes from a small pancake house in Puerto Vallarta called Memo's. They were doing their own roasting and blending for years and just the last two started selling their own blend. Cant get it in the US yet. So when we go South or have friends go to PV we have them bring us back as much as they will.

I do no more than 3 average mugs a day. Never past noon.... gettin old.

MMmmmm Cooofffeeeeeee!

Did you know that Seattle has the highest per capita of AA meetings, and consumes the highest per capita of coffee in the US? I'm sure there is a correlation THERE

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I LOVE coffee! But since I started taking ADD meds, I've had to cut down. I allow myself once cup a day before noon and only decaf anytime after that. Otherwise I AM bouncing off the walls! I'm not a big Starbucks fan (their beans always taste burned to me), but I LOVE CC's and Community with Chicory. Rich and robust without tasting burned.

• Soledad
  • Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Not so much a coffee addict but most certainly a caffene addict. I have coffee every weekday morning and tea on the weekend. I perfer tea to coffee.

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

Definite coffee addict here. I've been exploring different regions, but keep coming back to Columbian.

Anyone else only buy coffee that is part of free trade? I've been trying to support the companies that value their workers by paying them decently instead of keeping all the profits for themselves. (WTS taught me that :))

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Yep... how do you think I got my name?

Coffee

• kazar
    kazar

Yep, enigmatic, I sure am; and I also drink Gevalia. Absolutely love it! I have not tried the Peruvian, but since you hailed it I will. I have been drinking the Antigua. I do switch to the decaf in the afternoon though to avoid the shakes.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Boyoboy, do I love me some good coffee. I run a little joint that's a combination newsstand, smokeshop, Pagan-supply shop, and coffeeshop. The coffee I sell is the best on Earth- it's been my personal brand of choice for over a decade. The roaster himself delivers it to me in small batches, still warm from being roasted. I grind it just before brewing. My shop smells like pure, caffeinated heaven. I drink the stuff all day long, and I don't get the jitters. And no, that's not the cause of my insomnia, either.

When people tell me they're trying to cut back on their caffeine intake, I always ask "why on Earth would you want to do that?!"

Does anyone remember that coffee ad campaign from the 80's, where they said "Coffee gives you the serenity to dream it, and the vitality to achieve it?" That's now my motto.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

I DRINK 3 12 CUP POTS OF COFFEE A DAY.....AT LEAST !!!!

PLUS SODA AND OTHER CAFFEINE PRODUCTS

• under74
    under74

I'm fom Seattle so...yes I love my coffee. I have cut back a bit though. I used to be able to drink 6 to 7 cups a day but I started to get the shakes and it wasn't helping the ulcer so I'm down to 1 or 2 usually ......4 if I'm very very low on sleep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit