any coffee addicts here?

by enigmatic 33 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Lots and lots of coffee is one of the main staples in my everyday diet......

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I prefer herbal tea and for kicks have developed a recent fetish for Horlicks in my mouth. My BF can;t stand the smell and has to leave the room if I'm having my hot malted milky bedtime drink - which is great if I want to watch something and he's watching something else!

• under74
    under74

what's a horlick?

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I've been a coffee drinker for many years and the thought of not having a strong cup of it in the morning was very unsettling. It only happened if I had run out of coffee, milk, bottled water, or time.

I'll still have a weak half-cup from time to time...sometimes there's just nothing like coffee, is there? But I wanted to switch to green tea once I re-learned that coffee can interfere with weight loss; and I had been on an annoying plateau for months. Something about Oprah and Dr. Perricone and a guarantee that you'll lose 10 pounds in 6 weeks just by switching to green tea. So you can bet I switched! This morning I have Jasmine-Green Tea blend. Very fragrant and lovely tasting.

A very important side benefit for me is I find I'm much more calm and I really need that. I can be rather obnoxious with my jumpiness and my startle reflex, especially as a passenger in someone's car....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit