Why naturalism is irrational

by Shining One 369 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hooberus
    hooberus
    hooberus

For those that don't know, ReMine believes the number of mutations that would arise from a common ancestor in the amount of time since a common ancestor is not sufficient to cause the difference between humans and that common ancestor (a take on the so called "Haldane's Dilema").

However, in doing so he does LOADS of stuff you'd not accept, (even if you ignore him accepting a FAR longer chronology than you hooberus).

For example he puts dogs, wolves, coyotes, jackals and foxes in what he calls a 'monbaramin' (his definition of this is "a group containing only organisms related by common descent"). By doing so he is placing 12 genera and 34 species together and claiming common ancestry. He thus endorses macro-evolution, (even if he doesn't realise it himself), as not all of the species in his group are interfertile, and thus are different 'kinds' in Creationist-speak.

You, unless I am wrong, refuse to accept evolution beyond the boundaries of an interfertile 'kind'. Thus you endorsing his arguements by citation is actually endorsing arguments that contradict your own claims on several different levels.

Any clearer on why I think you quoting someone that diverges from your opinion to that extent is wrong?

Remine's Haldane population genetics argument (which I have discussed on this forum) deals with the calculated limits of the possible speed of the substitution of beneficial traits over a given period of time (by using evolutionists own population genetics calculations).

It is dealt with in a different chapter in his book than are his comments (which I have not discussed) on his beliefs of the determinations of the variation that has occurred within the basic created types (baraminology), and most importantly his Haldane style population genetics argument does not use, nor is it dependant on his baraminology variation beliefs. Thus, even if* his his baraminolgy variation beliefs were hypothetically different than mine, there is still no contradiction for me to use his population genetics calculation references. (It should also be noted that creationists do not believe that the variation within a created kind would necessaily have required the substitution of beneficial traits to have had occurred.)

Therefore your claims that I have endorsed "arguments that contradict" my "own claims" and that I have done something "wrong" is fallacious. Finally, see no further need to continue taking valuable time here to deal with anymore of your accusations on this issue (of my referencing ReMine).

*My use of the hypothetical "if" was primarily for the sake of the hypothetical point above, and was not meant to imply that ReMine's baraminology is necessarily at variance with what biblical creationists believe. If anyone would like to learn what creationists believe on this (as well as what typoe of biological change such baraminolgy truely "endorses") I will provide the titles of publications available.

• Shining One
    Shining One

Caedes,
    Islamists and Zionists are at each other: Christians are continually seeking a solution and just like in A.D. 33 they are being persecuted.
    Rex

• jgnat
    jgnat

Uh. huh. "Shining One"/Rex. I imagine you have a very narrow view of "Christian" then, and those religious people in Ireland are fighting about....what?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

But all I said was "this halibut is good enough for Jehovah!"

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi Jgnat,
    You are siding against Christianity again I see. How do you know that the ones who are in civil disobedience are Christians? By their examples they don't appear to be, perhaps they claim to be for a political purpose.
    They are also emerging into a real period of peace, just in case you hadn't noticed. Even in their worst years I don't remember and homicide/suicide bombers. Jihadists are carrying on what the Koran teaches. Where is the Islamic and Jewish 'law of love' filtering?
    Rex

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

LT:

You're only making it worse for yourself!

steve

• Caedes
    Caedes
    Christians are continually seeking a solution and just like in A.D. 33 they are being persecuted.

Yes shining one those crusaders, they just went along for sh!ts and giggles.

Even in their worst years I don't remember and homicide/suicide bombers.

Oh really! The whole mainland bombing campaign was was just a figment of my imagination was it? And the protestants are not any more innocent of bloodshed and mayhem than the catholics are. So neither side was using suicide bombers, that makes them better how?

• jgnat
    jgnat

It's not "siding against Christianity" to air our skeletons. If we call Jihad evil and similar behavior from self-professed Christians as "civil disobedience" it's called hypocricy. Why would anyone want to join a group of hypocrites?

I was so proud of Pope John Paul II admitting the church let down the Jewish people during the holaucast, and proclaiming a year of repentance. Was he letting down the team?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Yes shining one those crusaders, they just went along for sh!ts and giggles.

LOL!

• jgnat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit