Where in the bible does it talk about Field Service or preaching work?

by Buck 45 Replies latest jw friends

• delilah
    delilah

Oh, and uh, by the way, Where in the bible does it prove that Jesus recommended the Christians keep a record of how many scrolls were placed with non-believers and hours kept, for the amount of time they spent in the preaching work?????

My, inquiring mind would LOVE to know the answer to that one....I asked my PO that once, and he got so flustered that he told me to go in service but not report the time if i didn't want to.....

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Where in the bible does it prove that Jesus recommended the Christians keep a record of how many scrolls were placed with non-believers and hours kept, for the amount of time they spent in the preaching work?????

You forgot pioneers™. I don't recall Jesus stating that pioneers™ and auxiliary pioneers™ had to meet certain hour requirements.

Also, I wonder if Paul would be given the title of Missionary if he were alive today. After all, he's not a Gilead™ graduate.

W

• startingover
    startingover

Hey Defd

I'd like to know why you didn't respond to this post by Jaffacake:

Defd

Then why did the JW PO tell me, no the new testament is not written to us, the new covenant is only for the anointed 'class'? He was very clear about this. He did say JWs come under the responsibilities contained in the NT, but we do not get the benefits, which are only obtained indirectly, by associating with the so-called FDS.

He also said Jesus was not the mediator for me or him, nor 99.9% of JWs. I would welcome clarification from someone please.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Not really. Jgnat i have come to see that you really do not have a grasp on the scriptures. You say alot of what you think it means rather than what the bible says it means.You think you know it all already so no one can get anywhere with you. You refuse to except it when you are wrong. That is called haughty. Haughty people are not teachable.

Waa Waa Waa Such a big baby

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Back to the topic, there is not the slightest indication in the NT that all Christians should preach anything (not to mention "from door to door"). The book of Acts clearly limits the "ministry of the word" to a special group (apostles and evangelists). The lists of "gifts" in Pauline and post-Pauline literature also implies that not all are apostles or evangelists (e.g. 1 Corinthians 12:28f; Ephesians 4:11). About 2 Timothy 4:2, even the WT once recognised that it did not apply directly to the preaching work, since it is an exhortation to an overseer (or "bishop") referring to his teaching work within the congregation (or "church").

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    Not really. Jgnat i have come to see that you really do not have a grasp on the scriptures. You say alot of what you think it means rather than what the bible says it means.You think you know it all already so no one can get anywhere with you. You refuse to except it when you are wrong. That is called haughty. Haughty people are not teachable.

This is a favourite M.O.'s. Taking delight in belittling others and holding grudges against people for actually speaking what is on their minds. I guess anyone refusing to accept what other people are trying to tell you and teach you means you are not teachable and by the above defintion haughty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit