Where in the bible does it talk about Field Service or preaching work?

by Buck 45 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

dfed,

I think it is yet another hypocritical opinion of yours to be giving jgnat a hard time when you think she has not answered you sufficiently when you still have not commented on my question, do you find it disturbing that your org could confuse Jesus with Satan? I have also seen quite a few instances where you do not answer when the going gets a bit tough for you.

What makes you think I am a 'follower' of jgnat? What exactly does that entail? You maybe don't understand it is a bit of a joke for non jw's when jw's pull out the H word on us for not believing in some sillyness from the wt. Let the name calling begin! Name calling usually begins when the person no longer has a leg to stand on. or the ever famous change the subject and focus on your wrong doings in life. Instead of having a real discussion. That has been my experience anyway and what I have seen between jw's and nonjw's on the boards.

• anewme
    anewme

I think it is fairly clear that the Gospel message encourages evangelism. However the hourly requirements are hard to find in the scriptures.

"God loves a cheerful giver" 2 Cor. 9:7
    "There is more happiness in giving than in receiving" Acts 20:35
    "Let everything breathing praise Jah!" Psalm 150:6
    "Praise Jah, you people!" Rev. 19:1
    "Whatever you are doing, do it wholesouled as to Jehovah and not to men"

Our service and praise to God should come from the overflow of love from our hearts for him and not because it is a dictated hourly goal.

Rather, the true worshiper will shine and reflect Gods Glory in his or her everyday dealings with others and so become a beacon of light in this world.

"Accordingly,....clothe yourselves with the tender affections of compassion, kindness, lowliness of mind, milness, and long suffering, Continue putting up with one another and forgiving one another freely if anyone has a cause for complaint against another. Evben as Jehovah freely forgave you, so do you also. But besides all these things, clothe yourselves with love, for it is a perfect bond of union. ...Let the peace of the Cgrist control in your hearts.....And show yourselves thankful....and whatever it is that you do in word or in work, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, thanking God the Father through him." Col. 3:12-17

I was under the impression that publishers could be low hour pubs without retribution from the elders.
    One could also be "inactive" still be considered a witness.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    Let the name calling begin! Name calling usually begins when the person no longer has a leg to stand on.

Awake Magazine 2000 June 22 p. 6 The Manipulation of Information

Name-Calling

Some people insult those who disagree with them by questioning character or motives instead of focusing on the facts. Name-calling slaps a negative, easy-to-remember label onto a person, a group, or an idea. The name-caller hopes that the label will stick. If people reject the person or the idea on the basis of the negative label instead of weighing the evidence for themselves, the name-caller’s strategy has worked.

[ do examples of name-calling such as ‘opposers’, ‘apostate’ ‘haughty’ slap “a negative, easy-to-remember label onto a person, a group, or an idea”?

Do these labels convince witnesses to “reject the person or the idea on the basis of the negative label instead of weighing the evidence for themselves”? ]

Matthew 7:3-5 (

“Why do you observe the splinter in your brother’s eye and never notice the plank in your own? How dare you say to your brother, let me take the splinter out of your eye, when all the time there is a plank in your own? Hypocrite! Take the plank out of your own eye first, and then you will see clearly enough to take the splinter out of your brother’s eye.”

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

***You think you know it all already so no one can get anywhere with you. You refuse to except it when you are wrong. That is called haughty. Haughty people are not teachable.

Defd,
    And THIS is exactly the same arrogant attitude that WE see in talking to JWs! IMAGINE THAT?

In YOUR twisted translation of the bible, Matthew 5:5 reads "Happy are the mild-tempered" etc. Every OTHER bible I have in my possession reads this as "Blessed are the MEEK" etc. Wonder why THAT is.

Maybe because the entire WTS agenda is based upon getting the JWs to go about to "teach" the oddball beliefs to the public, and to TEACH THEM that this is what "god" wants. How often DOES that word come up in JW lingo at the KH? Far more than in ANY other place, I daresay.

Mild-tempered sounds like a quality that you are looking for in a pet for the kiddies while strolling through the animal shelter. But then, isn't this JUST the kind of folks that are targets of the WTS vultures? Ones who will become mindless robots that jump whenever the WTS tosses out another order to be followed?

The WTS has cornered the market on grooming the JWs to be THE most arrogant, pigheaded AND HAUGHTY people on face of the earth.....you HAVE no room to talk about anyone else. (ESPECIALLY but not limited to Jgnat!)

Annie

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Def'd,

Carla is right. You run away from discussions quite often.

-ithinkisee

• defd
    defd

Mild-tempered sounds like a quality that you are looking for in a pet for the kiddies while strolling through the animal shelter. But then, isn't this JUST the kind of folks that are targets of the WTS vultures?

Well i guess according to YOU Jesus must be a pet!

"Take my yoke upon YOU and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and YOU will find refreshment for YOUR souls. For my yoke is kindly and my load is light.” Matthew 5:29

• defd
    defd

NNNEEEEXXXXXTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I've refrained from trading insults because I have a sneaking suspicion that defd and I will be great friends one day. I wouldn't want to say something I'll later regret.

But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well.
  • defd
    defd

Stranger things have happened Gnat!

• delilah
    delilah

Name calling usually begins when the person no longer has a leg to stand on. or the ever famous change the subject and focus on your wrong doings in life. Instead of having a real discussion. That has been my experience anyway and what I have seen between jw's and nonjw's on the boards.

I've seen it as well.......not very Christian-like, is it? Petty actually....Def'd, why do you come here and allow yourself to become so provoked, that you resort to this type of behaviour? You should know better.....you being a good follower of Christ and all, and we, being the spawn of the devil???!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit