Where in the bible does it talk about Field Service or preaching work?

by Buck 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Buck
    Buck

Iam confused about the requirement for field service time. What are the scriptures that reference a preaching work that will carried out by ordinary people. Is there scriptural backing?

Thanks

BUCK

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Welcome back Buck :)

How's the progress coming along since you became an unbaptized associate? Two scriptures that are used quite often are Matthew 28:19 and Acts 20:20, however later on you will actually learn that the Greek scriptures were primarily written for "the annointed" and so technically THEY are the ones who were commanded to do the preaching work. I do not see any scriptural support for that to extend to the "great crowd" of "other sheep". I must have missed that meeting or publication when that "new light" was dispensed.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word, be at it urgently in favorable season, in troublesome season, reprove, reprimand, exhor, with al long suffering and teaching.

In other words, do it all year round! yuck!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It's found in 1 Rutherford 5:3-5

"Go, therefore, ye suckers, and preach the word to all people, and sell our magazines to the dimwitted ones!" is the utterance of Judge Rutherford, "And study our books and brainwash millions! To hell with education! To hell with family! We've got BOOKS TO SELL! And don't forget to report your TIME each month, that we may update our Holy Statistics!" After saying these words, the Judge sat back and guzzled his third bottle of single malt scotch.

W

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

"Go, therefore, ye suckers, and preach the word to all people, and sell our magazines to the dimwitted ones!" is the utterance of Judge Rutherford, "And study our books and brainwash millions! To hell with education! To hell with family! We've got BOOKS TO SELL! And don't forget to report your TIME each month, that we may update our Holy Statistics!" After saying these words, the Judge sat back and guzzled his third bottle of single malt scotch.

Hey, can you send me a copy of that bible?

• Legolas
    Legolas

W

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

When I seen that Finally posted in this thread I just HAD to come and take a look at what he wrote!!!!! And I was NOT disappointed!!!!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Lots of scriptures regarding spreading the Good News. But no time cards. The big question, what is the Good News? Is it that you can all live on paradise earth, or is it that Jesus died so you can be free of sin?

Matthew 10:1-42

Acts 5:42 NIV Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Christ. [b]

Also, Jehovah's Witnesses claim that the preaching work is the most precious gift you can give your neighbour, more valuable than practical helps like food, clothing, or comfort. But this concept IS NOT backed by scripture.

Matthew 25 NIV

34 "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37 "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40 "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

• upside/down
    upside/down

W

And you forgot to ad..."and it was good" u/d (of the ROFLMAO too class)

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

FUNNY! Got me in English 101 giggling as quietly as possible!!

• Legolas
    Legolas

W

O h my gawd Finally....that has to be the BEST thing I have read yet!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit