To Sin By Silence

by Beacon Of Truth 61 Replies latest members adult

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

beacon-

I really take offense. You don't know us personally. You have NOT a clue as to things we have done to shed light on the borg. You don't deserve to hear the small things as a nurse I've accomplised, that did result in lives saved, elders exposed. That's just one of SO many accounts that evidently you have NOT read.

Personally, I don't think you deserve our company. Go blow your smoke somewhere else.

shelley

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Beacon/SHUNNED FATHER/Lawrence

You blew it. You start your post as Beacon and try to make out that you are not Lawrence/SHUNNED FATHER and at the end actually give your email address and sign off as Lawrence.

Verbal abuse and name calling are not permitted here. People have had enough of that from the WTS.

And as far as I can see you have become exactly what the WTS says apostates become. Thanks for reinforcing the belief that all those who leave are angry people.

Your anger provides the WTS the ammunition to strengthen its grip on JWs and paints us all with the same brush.

I will not be attending your rally in Ottawa as I had planned.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

What was all that anti-Semitic crap that Beacon posted on the other thread? (a la Ianone). I'm glad that was taken care of efficiently!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm not sure how you make the connection from Beacon to ianone.

But I deleted the post almost immediately before too many people saw it. I thought it was way too inflammatory - nasty just nasty

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I agree that Lawrence should not have done this, and I'm not defending the act... I'm hoping more to understand why a person submits a post like this. It is obvious it was done out of sheer frustration. He has a personality that makes him an organizer who wants to organize a coherent force against the WTS... but what he failed to understand is that exJWs tend to be free spirits.

Trying to organize exJWs is like herding butterflies... it is not an easy thing to do. Yet at the same time this is our greatest strength! There is no central "authority" to strike at. There is no centralized structure to destroy. Just as it is very difficult to organize us, it is also difficult to strike us down as a whole. This is why the WTS never publicly addresses specific issues regarding us... instead they make broad generalized claims. Sure, most JWs do bite and believe what they are told... but they only represent 0.1% of the worlds population. This tells me that 99.9% of the world's population is intelligent enough to look at the statements of the WTS and recognize it as the BS it is.

I'd like to ask everyone to let this one slide... his daughter died as a result of the WTS's blood policy and he wants to bring a force against the WTS for this, only he is finding it very difficult to get all of us butterflies to gather and form a straight line.

His words were words of frustration.

Lawrence, we may not defeat the WTS through large public protests, but we will defeat them through individuals talking to other people. They say that a satisfied customer will tell three other people about how happy they are, but an unsatisfied customer will tell 10 people about how they got screwed over. In the end our individual contributions to this is overwhelming the highly organized activates of the WTS. You must have faith in the amount of force individuals can exert.

We all need to keep posting about this, and telling people about this. I know I have talked to several people who would listen and later learned that they told several other people. The general public may not learn about the blood issue through centralized media, instead they will learn from people talking at the famly BBQ, or the local bar, or the park.

The WTS will not be brought down in a large “bang” with a lot of publicity and media coverage. A single bee cannot kill a human, but a swarm can. Every time we make a post, every time we talk to someone, every time we put up a web page, we are giving the WTS an individual sting. This is why the WTS’s own statistics show that they are loosing more people than they are bringing in. This is why the WTS will continue to shrink and will eventually die unnoticed with a quiet whimper.

I would still like to attend the gathering in NY... I just need a place to say if anyone is willing to open their home to me for the weekend.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Beacon...I say put your money where your mouth is...

If you feel as strongly as you say... then why don't you just flat out wage WAR...

I mean if the WTS cult is so-off-the-charts-evil (and I do believe it's evil)...do the "manly" thing and ELIMINATE the enemy. Or are you so softened by "modern culture" that the thought of that makes you squeamish.

The WTS cult is far more insidious and damaging than Idi Amin or Saddam could EVER have been... and the 7th world power mobilized and erased the latter...You should do the same.

After all...who would mourn "child abusers" (as given in your analogy)?

I think you need to realize... that the sitch isn't "exactly" as you've painted it. And act accordingly.

There is another saying....since we're quoting others...."Living well...is the best revemge"

Remember too...when I was a Dub...someone like you, with your "anti-Witness" fervor...only clarified to me that I was "SUFFERING FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS SAKE!"...and made me ever more resolved to be "loyal" to the cult.

This is a different type of conflict...and bringing down the WTS is a lesson in futility...but helping people out of it isn't.

It's ok to lose some battles...but ultimately WIN THE WAR.

Think.

u/d

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Freedom from the Watchtower comes with a price. You must help those whom you can. If you know the Watchtower is wrong, evil, and full of lies, than it is your responsibility to expose those lies.

Yes, freedom comes with a price, and we've all paid it - some more than others. I'm sorry for your loss, but that doesn't give you the right to dictate to me what my responsibilities are. I didn't dump one tyrant only to become accountable to another.

W

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Lady Lee....It was just that Ianone posted very much the same drivel earlier in the year. They must be twins separated at birth.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thanks for the clarification leo

Elsewhere That was an excellent post

Most of realize that SHUUNED FATHER/Lawrence has has been through a lot and we all understand his anger. An ounce of compassion won't hurt. But one of the posts made last night went far beyond what should have been posted. And only that one post was deleted. All the others have remained untouched.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Lawrence, I'm sorry you feel this way. "My way or the highway" is an impossible thing to ask. People handle leaving a group like the JW's differently then others. Other people have commitments that keep them from from participating in a protest, others don't like the publicity it puts on THEM, others have family members still in that they wish to keep in contact with, and still others don't want to "go back" emotionally.

I for one, do not sit back on my duff and let things go. You know that because of what I had offered you in way of help. I find it funny that you go after people for not supporting this, yet when I did offer my support via email, it took OVER A MONTH for you to get back to me. To organize something like this, you need to do more then SPAM a message board ... you need to organize.

What have I done? Well, lets talk about last week ... On Monday, I typed up a letter to send to everyone in my Hall. On Tuesday, I purchased supplies to send that letter to about 60 households, or 110 people costing about $40. Wednesday, I addressed the envelopes, put stamps on them and got them ready to send. Thursday, I attended a wine and cheese party. The purpose of me attending this was to speak to Jack Layton, leader of the Canadian NDP party, about legislation to prevent minors from applying for "mature minor" status on the basis of religious grounds if they are doing so to refuse medical treatment. I asked for his support, which I didn't get yet, as they needed more information, which I am in the process of supplying. He did however give me the contact info of the person in his caucus who handles this type of procedure. I also spent about 15 hours, working on another project which I can't speak about at the moment, but which has a similar purpose. That was ONE WEEK, and on top of everything else that I have to do.

So Lawrence, what have you done this past week?

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit