To Sin By Silence

by Beacon Of Truth 61 Replies latest members adult

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Well, it just goes to show that sometimes, just sometimes, that exJWs have standards too.

Please, lets keep the standards to a minimum, ok?

W

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Thanks, cause if I can't throw poop, neither can he!!! And I REALLY wanted to, PMS week, ya' know!!

shelley

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

LOL @ Shelley

nope poop throwing is not allowed despite it being PMS week

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Lawrence/Beacon/Shunned Father,

As you may remember...my Mom died because of the Blood Doctrine.

Also, I am a 'shunned father', cousin, uncle, friend and brother (and on and on...)

Sadly...You and I are NOT unique -- not at all. Almost everyone here has a pain, a loss, a death that has affected them in terrible, horrible ways. WE are your FRIENDS. Your ALLIES ! Most of us are doing what we can, with what we have. I personally cannot afford to fly to NYC to help in this very important protest, even if I could I would not.

Why ? I am not 'offcially' DF/DA, just 'marked' real well. I and many others here ARE in that situation. WE, individually must decide what, when and how we do what we do. To be called "sinners" or "cowards"...damn...that's just plain wrong. I think you know it, too. I base that on your past behavior.

I go into (internal) rages, too. When I think about 2 daughters I haven't seen for 1 - 3 years, knowing I did nothing to deserve that treatment. Or I think of my Mom...laying in that hospital bed ...dying...when all around her there is the technology to save her, the docs & nurses pulling their hair out, pleading to be allowed to do their life-saving jobs...

Oh yes...I HATE the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society and everything they stand for. And I hurt JUST as much as you do !

So, I applaude Elsewhere's post...he correctly read your rage and WHERE it is coming from. You have to step back, count to 10, take a break -- something or this will eat you up. It's what I had to do in my own life to survive for my 3 children, my grandkids and others. My 'mission' in life is to stop as many people as possible from being "interested ones" and to plant as many seed of doubt in my loved ones JW clouded minds.

But, everyone must do it in their own way without the harsh judgments we got used to at the Kingdom Hall.

I am your friend, even tho' we've never met. I understand your pain and your rage. Don't go away, just calm down -- we're the good guys.

Rabbit

Never Surrender

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

LAWRENCE it is obvious that you are in a rage. Most of us here, if in your situation, would also be in a rage.

I know this because when I was df'd. There were also other issues and I WAS IN A RAGE.

Murder was in my mind, when ever I thought of the 3 stooges and their succesful attempts to make me lose all contact with my siblings and some of my children.

I was in a deep depression also. My friendly shrink told me that depression can be caused by anger, not dealt with.

He also told me that miss directed anger can also come about. Where we take our anger away from those deserving it and focus on another. Usually the one closest to you. Sound familiar?

Anger is a good and strong tool, only if it is used correctly and only as is needed.

Losing control of this possibly devastating tool can bring you years of grief and shame.

Lawrence, we are your like minded FRIENDS, get control of your anger and redirect it.

The act of just ACKNOWLEDGING this to your self often helps, but I think you are in need of help by a mental professional doctor.

Also know that not all things we set out to do, will have the effect we want and not as quickly as we want.

Putting lots of work into a project and not seeing the desired results SOON ENOUGH can cause us un told grief and sadness AND ANGER.

I think that I know your feelings and I feel sorrow and sadness for you, being in the situation you are in.

Please do not let your anger, "however justified" eat into and destroy your life.

Outoftheorg

BTW Joker ten mind your own damned business.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I had the priviledge to hear Lawrence Hughes speak to a group of Christian ex-witnesses here in Edmonton. It is obvious that he is a grieving, sincere man. Not being allowed at his daughter's deathbed was unforgiveable, and has stalled his healing process I am sure. He is not the first man to dedicate the rest of his life to right one horrible wrong.

Lawrence, if you can see past your pain, you have much yet to learn from the ex-JW community, and how to be a Christian away from the society. If you let us, we could help you move past some of your pain.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Boy do I have news for you all....

and ya all owe Shunned Father an apology..... you want to know why?????

just in news from Junction-Guy from JWF I will quote his post.....

I just talked with Shunned Father on the phone last night, and it wasnt he who put that post up under the name "Beacon of Truth". If I can get to a computer today I will let everyone know at JWD that it wasnt him. I hope those people change their mind and come to the picketing. They assumed it was him because of the way the post was signed at the bottom, but I believe that the person who posted that name just copied and pasted it from his other posts.

I believe that it could either be:

1. An over-zealous Apostate that is upset with the lack of support, or

2. A JW who is trying to stir up trouble and see that the picekting is cancelled.

This event is not just for Shunned Father, but for all of the Children who have been harmed by the WT Society's teachings.

http://www.jwforum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2984&PN=1&TPN=1

More insight from J-G later...when he gets to a computer.....

Evanescence

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Another quote from Junction-Guy

spoke with him for 1/2 hour on the phone last night and he is very thankful for the help he has been offered so far, and saddened by the over-reactions. I do hope some of them re-consider, because it would be a shame for the WT Society to get the upper hand in this situation. I wouldnt put it past the WT Society to purposefully sabotage the picketing, as this picketing will heap lots of negative media coverage on them. But like I said, it could also have been the work of an over-zealous Apostate, who didnt realize the damage it could do.

Evanescence

• Scully
    Scully

I stand by what I said to Lawrence/Shunned Father privately.

Even if this is not him, I have spoken with Lawrence on the phone previously and those exact same sentiments were uttered by the man himself directly to me.

If it isn't him, but rather one of his ardent supporters, it seems clear that his "friends" aren't doing him any favours in the PR department. It makes me see that there is a glimmer of common sense in the old adage: "You are judged by the company you keep."

I have other information which I am not at liberty to disclose that's going to make it very difficult for me to believe that it is not Lawrence.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

what a sad state this has come to. I feel bad for Lawrence, and I only hope that the truth is revealed as to the person who is trying to cause an upheavel among exjws.

Could it be what was suggested a person from the WTS trying to cause dissention in the forum, Mind you these days nothing suprises me any more.

whatever the truth is I hope it is resolved.

orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit