I received an E-mail from an old friend....how do I respond?

by schne_belly 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Ohhhh Dear, Wise, Blonde....

I wish you'd put your trust once again into the organization

Aren't Christians supposed to be putting their trust in God and Jesus? Didn't the Jews make the mistake of trusting in an earthly group of humans?

Just say you are making sure of the more important things by using the Bible. If what the WTS is teaching is from the Bible, there is nothing to fear. EXACTLY!!!!

I think I will just reply with a few quetions for HER. Short and sweet!

Thanks to all of you!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    It's hard to know how much you can really say and how truthful you can be. I don't know who to trust anymore ( I guess really no JW) .... but for some reason I feel I need to set things straight.....

Just remember, if you feel the need to straighten things out, it might just do it for you...not them. Just through my little experience, I've made terrible mistakes "straightening things out" with JW friends and family. I didn't realize they truly weren't capable of listening or "hearing" what I wanted to share with them. They weren't being jerks, they weren't being cold...they just mentally and physically unable to "hear". I just mad things worse.

If I could go back to do it over, I'd just respond with a very simple response. "XXXXX, thank you so much for your email. So good to hear from you! I miss you too! Didn't we have some great times? I know you remember how much I love Jehovah. I still do, so please take comfort in that. Please continue to pray as I strengthen my relationship with Jehovah. Right now it's just Jehovah and I and I think I need that privacy right now in order to grow. Thank you for respecting that."

Or something like that. Quote a scripture if you think of one appropriate. It'll keep you in her good graces...stalling...until you're in a better place to ask the hard questions and she's ready to be asked them.

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

If I could go back to do it over, I'd just respond with a very simple response. "XXXXX, thank you so much for your email. So good to hear from you! I miss you too! Didn't we have some great times? I know you remember how much I love Jehovah. I still do, so please take comfort in that. Please continue to pray as I strengthen my relationship with Jehovah. Right now it's just Jehovah and I and I think I need that privacy right now in order to grow. Thank you for respecting that."

Billy Goat...that's good After all, I don't really need to explaine things to her, or anyone else for that matter. It's still the old JW thinking in me ( yes, I'm working on it ) that My initial reaction is I have to justify my thinking and why I do things in life. If she truely cherishes me as a firend, thanking her and reiterating that I do still love and serve God should be enough.... we'll see what happens.

I really apprecaite hearing all the insightful ideas everyone has shared....

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That was a really difficult email to read.
    I'm not sure if you are disfellowshipped or not. If you are not and dont want to be it would be best not to reply, particularly not in writing. If you email her to the effect that you no longer follow the WTS that can put you in line for a judicial committee, you can not deny what is in writing. It is not worth it.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    If you are not and dont want to be it would be best not to reply, particularly not in writing. If you email her to the effect that you no longer follow the WTS that can put you in line for a judicial committee, you can not deny what is in writing. It is not worth it.

Good point, I hadn't thought of! CYA Schne - CYA!

• Shania
    Shania

Hi Schne, just want to add my 2 cents worth here since I've had it happen: The witness is scared, so you have to calm their fears by saying, your okay, you love Jah, your doing you personel studing, if you don't they imagine you are the devils children: once you have calmed her fears then keep it short and sweet, just fluff stuff nothing religious.....................you must remember just as you are sharing her e-mail here, she also could share yours with others "who are concerned" then a knock at the door will follow.............Brother elder.

My experience was at funeral, my close friend (yeah right)...........came over put her arm around me and said" we are so worried about you" my reply with a big smile "No need to worry about me I'm doing great"........with that she said "I heard you are not going to meetings" my reply "oh theres that JW gossip again, you can't believe everything you hear" she said "I PRAY FOR YOU" my reply with a big smile 'I PRAY FOR YOU.................. we left, and that so called good friend who loved me so much has never called in over 4 years...................her prayers worked......... so I say again keep it short and sweet and calm her fears and say talk later.......see how long before she e-mails you again.........I'm still waiting on my "good" friend 4 years later,,,,,,,,,,,,don't need friends like that in your life...........

Take her out for coffee and fart in the car on the way. Don't let her roll the windows down, tell her there are demons outside that might come in. The fartgas might produce a lucid interval for her!

• defd
    defd

I read that letter as a very sincere one. it made me kinda sad actually. Talesin gave some good advise in my opinion.

You could write back and tell them you miss them, too. ; How about we get together for coffee, as there is so little time at the KH to really chat, anyway; After all, we have been friends so long, let's catch up!

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    I wish you'd put your trust once again into the organization

Aren't Christians supposed to be putting their trust in God and Jesus? Didn't the Jews make the mistake of trusting in an earthly group of humans?

It is exactly this rebuke I make to my wife everytime she goes about talking up the "organization" and how only through it, attending meetings, service, and bible studies we have any hope of salvation.

I read that letter as a very sincere one. it made me kinda sad actually.

Yeah, that letter is about as "sincere" as the conditional friendship behind it, a friendship conditioned upon subordinating one's common sense to the edicts of a corporate cult that is nothing more than a clever scam masquerading as a religion. Indeed, I was sad to read this too, it reminded me of the extent of control this corporate cult exerts over its victims and those it seeks to victimize.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit