Boobah... an acid trip for kids?

by Elsewhere 48 Replies latest jw friends

• dottie
    dottie

Will and I just got Amy a Boobah doll the other day (clearance at toys r us- musta been spooking the employees LOL) Of course Boobah is her first 2 syllable word, and she is also mystified by the show. When first saw the show I thought it reminded me of a Stanley Kubrick movie

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

That is one weird web site..... if the website is any indication of the show, I'll pass.

• prophesariah
    prophesariah

I always thought that show was strange. Frankly, I couldn't stand it. However, my grandchildren love to watch it. I have no idea what they get out of it or what the program is trying to convey.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I love Teletubbies and Mr. Rogers. Boobah is weird though.

• talesin
    talesin

Very young children are stimulated by colours; parents are encouraged to use primary colours to get their attention, they will follow these objects with their eyes when still in the bassinet. I am sure the developers of this show did all the research on what attracts pre-school minds, and it is designed to merely capture their attention (ie, turn them into TV zombies), and not to teach them anything.

tal

*cynical* TV viewer

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Tale, I think the show is supposed to encourage children to move and dance.

• professor
    professor

Just watch out for the Doodlebops.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Yes, my little girl loves Boobah and Santa might be bringing her a Boobah doll at Xmas too.

• talesin
    talesin
    Tale, I think the show is supposed to encourage children to move and dance.

Yes, and I think it is supposed to encouraged advertisers to buy airtime so that the show will stay on the air. t

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Booooooooobaaaahhhhhh (Acid trippppppp)

I can't stand that show! Thankfully? Barney is now on at 6:30 here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit