Boobah... an acid trip for kids?

by Elsewhere 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

Oh MY GAWD......My stomach is hurting i am laughing so f**king hard!!!!!!!

My hubby left the room saying...f***ing crazy cock su**ers....LMAO,LMAO

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

Ah yes, Boobah. The girls watched that very briefly before getting completely bored with it. Me? I just thought it looked like an un-cut penis, erect, dipped in kool-aid!

Trista

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Yes, and I think it is supposed to encouraged advertisers to buy airtime so that the show will stay on the air.

t

Tal, in the USA there's this thing called Public TV. They don't show commercials like commercial TV and especially not during children's viewing hours. Just an FYI. Boobah is shown on Public TV here.

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

It's so disturbing! I have no idea what the plot is. it's so bad that you cant turn away from it.

• luna2
    luna2

Nope, no plot. I've been looking at the Boohbah site and reading about the woman who developed the show (also the developer of Teletubbies). The goal is to get toddlers to move and exercise a bit...a response to the problem of obese children. It may be a great idea...it certainly has made this woman and her company a great deal of money, so somebody is benefiting. LOL

My initial, knee jerk response is that perhaps it might be an even better idea to turn the television off more often and encourage children to actually play...maybe outside even. Fresh air...what a concept.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I think it's okay for fawning grandparents to "baby talk" to their grandkids....but for a TV show to be filled with gibberish...sure it's a time filler with music and color...but if you want the kid to exercise and dance...well, stop stuffing your bloated, goitered face...get off your fat ass and take your kid outside to play...or put some music on and play with them...

Barny sucks...but at least he TALKS to the kids. As soon as I could, my grandson was directed to things like Sesame Street and Bob the Builder...Thomas & Friends....things that he might actually get some benefit from. My grandson was Bob the Builder for Halloween last year. It was so cute. This year, I'm supposed to take him trick or treating.

All this swill comes back to people being more and more dependent on things to keep their kids busy without encroaching on their time to do their thing.

JMO, of course...

Ern

• colorado5591
    colorado5591
    My initial, knee jerk response is that perhaps it might be an even better idea to turn the television off more often and encourage children to actually play...maybe outside even. Fresh air...what a concept

AMEN!

I'm not sure how this show is supposed to get them to exercise because when my lil nieces watch it, they are mezmerized and non responsive!

• talesin
    talesin

Sarcasm=thinly veiled hostility.

There is no need to be sarcastic or condescending. :( I am not an idiot and am very aware of what PBS does. What's up your butt? We just disagree.

t

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Sarcasm=thinly veiled hostility.

There is no need to be sarcastic or condescending. :( I am not an idiot and am very aware of what PBS does. What's up your butt? We just disagree.

t

Tal, I'm NOT being sarcastic.Yikes, I'm surprised that a person as cool as yourself would think that. I honestly don't know if Canada has PBS or not, never having been there. I thought you were kidding about the commercial thing and being silly. I also don't know if you realize that Boobah is shown on public TV. Otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned commericals being a motive for the show. How am I supposed to know whether they air the show in Canada? I'm really surprised by your knee jerk reaction, seeing that we're friends. You're having an unsual day maybe? I hope that's it. My post was not meant as a jab to you.

Thin veiled hostility over Boobah. Tal, I'm shaking my head. Boobah? Boobah? Definitely not something to get the feathers ruffled over. Who called you an idiot anyway? I have a lot of respect for you. I would never think you an idiot.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I've never seen the show, but once at a toy store I walked by and the dolls started going off on the shelf bouncing up and down going "boooobah" in a freaky kid voice.

I still have nightmares!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit