Boobah... an acid trip for kids?

by Elsewhere 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

When I get up for work in the morning I normally watch a bit of news in bed before I start to move around. The other day I was flipping through the channels and came across a very very strange show on PBS at 6:30 AM (Dallas Channel 13) called Boobah. It is designed for very young children... and I swear it looks like an acid trip!

They have rainbow colors swirling and floating around and little odd shapes flying around through all of the colors.... every now and then you can hear a kid quietly says: Boooooooobaaaaaaaah.......

If you don't believe me, just watch it one morning. It is seriously freaky weird...

http://www.boohbah.com/zone.html

• luna2
    luna2

I wonder if I'd like that better than idiot Barney and his team of smarmy suck ups or those horrible Teletubbies and their baby gabble?

Actually, I always thought Mr. Rogers was kind of surreal. Everybody talks like they're high.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Actually, I always thought Mr. Rogers was kind of surreal.

lol... yeah, you can tell he smoked something just before the camera started to roll.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Our one-year old Sierra LOVES Boobah. Her face lights up and she starts dancing.

So yeah, it's a drug. Free and legal -- kids get all the breaks!

Dave

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

have u ever seen the boobah dolls? they freak me the hell out man!!!!

luv, jojo

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Thankfully, mine are past THAT stage but they've graduated to "Fairly Odd Parents" and the other incredibly irritating offerings of the Cartoon Network. Fortunately, I like SpongeBob so that's not a problem.

Nina

• Legolas
    Legolas

Oh my gawd....LOL.... I am going on that tonight after I have some, huh ummm, stuff!!!!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    have u ever seen the boobah dolls? they freak me the hell out man!!!!

Hot pink amoebas! Yikes!

• joelbear
    joelbear

i'm not sure what Barney, Boobahs or Teletubbies are supposed to teach, although i do like watching the bunnies on Teletubbies.

Captain Kangaroo, now there was a show man. Its been all downhill since then.

Tom Terrific and Manfred the Wonder Dog. Mr. Moose, Bunny Rabbit, so cool.

• luna2
    luna2

Ah, yes, Captain Kangaroo. I loved that show. Dancing Bear was odd, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit