Was Anyone Disfellowshipped Twice? How About Three Times?

by anewme 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

So Randy, would you like to tell us about your disfellowshippings?

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    Randy, Please start a new thread and tell us your story and don't spare any details. It sounds like it will be a terrific read.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Randy roughshod
    I have more experience than most elders in such matters.

No I don't think so. Elders know how to work the system better than anyone else. They can cover up any act they or their family commits and the publishers in the Hall will never know. I knew a very prominent elder who was having sex with several sisters--married and single--- for several years. His downfall was he got so cocky that he convinced a young single sister to have sex with him after his talk at a convention outside in the parking lot and 3 attendants caught him in the act.

He was finally disfellowshipped. He ran off with the young sister, about 19 years old, left her after about a year, and convinced his ex-wife to take him back. Today he is a pioneer.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I knew an elder who was disfellowshipped three times. Twice for pharmaceutical drug abuse and once for adultery.

He was in my judicial committee.

• Syme
    Syme

Yes, in fact we once disfellowshipped a guy that was DF'ed again earlier. The first time was (I think) for smoking and maybe premarital sex; the second was for admitting having sex with his wife before they were married.

Oh god, now that I recall this stuff... What on earth was I doing, meddling with other peoples private lives?

(Everyone that has played as an elder the role of Inquisitor in a JC, will always feel a burden of guilt and sorrow upon him, even long after he wakes up.)

• Israel Ricky Gonzales
    Israel Ricky Gonzales

I was diaflowshipped 3 times.

1. When I was 20 for fornication, drugs, drunkeness, debauchery, etc. I took off a year of being a JW to do what ever the "F" I wanted. Came back and was reinstated within 6-7 months.

2. DF'd a year later after getting reinstated for having a threesome. Oh the dirty, seedy questions the elders asked!!! I finally got tired of their very explicit questions that I refused to answer any more. And no, I wasn't sorry I had a threesome. It took 2 years of perfect attendance and college brainwashing studying, and 5 letters to reinstated.

3. Third and last time was for apostasy. I told the elders straight up when asked if I believed in the GB/FDS: there is NO way in heaven or earth Jehovah EVER picked this religion, so NO, I don't believe in them. It took less than 5 minutes of deliberation for them to give me the good news.

BTW, how did a 10 year old thread get resurrected?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    About DF, it has softened. It used to be the disgracing publicly of an individual with a talk following the DF rebuking the related person about his sins. Public reproof was also hard. And then, the stern look from the elders and the looks of contempt from the others. Now, a person is DF privately although the cong is informed later that the person is no longer JW. Relatives still deals with him, although some people are fanatical and completely shun a family member not having anything to do with him, but that is something that they do on their own. The cong also deals with the DF JW with kindness and encourages that one from time to time to come to the meetings. The DF person is greeted at the meetings by some and also when seen on the street. Everything considered though, if the person makes no effort at all, or is advocating breaking the rules or brazenly breaking the rules, then it depends. But if the DF person is making some effort, then he is treated with kindness and reminded that he is a brother. Multi DF has been discussed at assemblies encouraging such to get up from their many falls. Anyway you cut it though, getting DF or reproved is a disgraceful thing, it is hard. The elders will never let you forget it and even if the person is ever used again in office, it is not the same as with someone that was never was dishonored. How do you live down something like that? You can't. You know it and so does everybody else.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Feels wierd! This thread started 10 years ago, I feel like I'm in some kind of 5th/6th/7th* dimention

*not sure what no.dimention we've reached these days !

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I vaguely remember, wasn't there a scripture in the Bible about Jesus saying to forgive 7 times 7 or something. No matter I'm sure the JW's took it out of their new Bible.
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Fisherman, in what world are the DF'ed spoken to at the Kingdom Hall and when on the street? They shun and you know it. Heck, we were shunned and not even DF'ed or anything. Stop trying to whitewash their graves. We all know what's inside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit