What could you have been if you were never a JW?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

If I had never been a JW, I would have been an earlier version of what I am now. 

I am proud of the strength and skills I developed after leaving the organization and the way I have endeavored throughout my life to learn from my JW upbringing.

Many, many people can look into their earlier years, whether in a religious environment or not, and see unfortunate experiences that could ruin their lives. Yet, these were also experiences that have made them who they are.

Camile Paglia said that success stems not from having an absence of obstacles in your past or current path, but discovering ways to accept what has happened and to overcome current obstacles - and some of the most amazing progress people have made is in the face of an unsupportive environment.

None of this belittles what people have been through in their younger years - but speaks to the resilience of the human spirit.

The only point I would add is that no one would chose to endure terrible and even traumatic experiences. Yet given these sorts of experiences have been experienced, what a shame not to learn valuable lessions from them that will help you improve the quality of your life to the best of your ability. 

• James Brown
    James Brown

I did what I would have done Jw or not.

I was born a musician and I played music all my life.

If I was not a witness, I would have financed my music making by being a school

teacher not a deputy sheriff.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What could you have been if you were never a JW?

Image result for normal

Image result for normal

• zarco
    zarco

This is a tough question because it orients the answers to the uncertain and negative. I would have loved to play professional football but not matter what my physical skills made that extremely unlikely. We are who we are. And the key is deciding what we want to be and not what we could have been. All of us no matter how old or what the WTBS did can decide what we want to be and pursue that. 

Best

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

A shepherd.

Rub a Dub 

• cofty
    cofty

Geneticist, scientist, engineer. I rarely scored less than 95% in any exam.

BT offered to sponsor me to do a degree in electronic engineering. I said, no thanks I am leaving to pioneer.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350
    Happy.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    I rarely scored less than 95% in any exam(!) - have you thought about a degree in one of the sciences, if you don't have one already?
  • karter
    karter
    Rugby I gave up a promising  carrier still get a hard time from my old playing mates and coach. Karter 
  • minimus
    minimus
    normal....i like it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit