What could you have been if you were never a JW?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus
    Oh, the possibilities! There is a lot of wasted talent.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

I was in a band that was bound for success. JW thing kept blocking natural progress, our producer wanted to put us in touch with Epic Records. That + early marriages + crazy JW wives, family pressure fined it entirely and a good friendship for a about 10 years. 

Business, I am making up for lost time now, but I bought my first house when I was 19, me and my cousin were the first ones in our family to actually buy houses, consider brazen as the end was coming., went to college when I was 25, had I gone earlier, not gotten married etc, the business goals I could have achieved by now based on what I have achieved with massive cult related setback, I could be living a higher quality of life now. 

Music Career, may have not been lucrative but a lot of great life experience and recognition

Business, I could have been enjoying my life and what I do a lot sooner than living their way

F%$k this cult

Id rather die my way than live theirs ever again

• minimus
    minimus
    Sad story.
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow
    a dress designer and shop owner, or an activist.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

more successful.

Doc

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Sliding doors!  :)

The fact is - for good and bad reasons - all of us who were/are active Witnesses have become the people we are, largely as a result of our lifestyle, friends, and thinking processes being manipulated.

I'm now looking at all my silver linings, rather than the black cloud of JW dot ORG!

• minimus
    minimus
    Learning anything but Watchtower publications makes for a bright brain. They like to keep you dumb.
  • blondie
    blondie

I know what I might have tried without the fact I had to protect my family from my abusive father.

Just remember, every endeavor has many other talented, determined people trying for the same things.  Some who have fought against manipulation and abuse from similar sources.

I see younger people thinking if they don't go to college after high school, they can't later in their life.  I have seen many non-jws waste their opportunities then and later grow up mentally and pick up where they left off and finish. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristen-houghton/dreams-have-no-age-limit_b_525358.html

http://www.refinery29.com/2013/07/50115/famous-late-bloomers#slide-11

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

professional Basketball player. I was playing in the D league

after high school, played in the military and after serving I return

to the D league when I was ask to try out for the Lakers. I

scrimmaged with the Belize professional team when I served

there, but the JW brothers frown on that. LOL

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

A fashion model. Was asked on several occasions to do modeling for local businesses. Always said no, as it wouldn't have been proper in the 1980's. Now, it's okay apparently. At least it is for CoCo Rocha. 

I'm not saying that I would've had her success, but I might have earned enough to put myself through college with a degree in interior design.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit