What could you have been if you were never a JW?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I could have been a college graduate. I should have been on Broadway doing "Grease"  

Now, I could be a spokeslady for incontinence products.

• blondie
    blondie

Very few people every make it to college sports let alone professional sports.  Want to do a musical; we have 3 community ones going on right now, with many adults.  It's not too late to go to college, whether it was out of high school or later, it is possible, but it takes commitment, no easy rides.  We have members of JWN who have done it.

I can audit any college course in my area, 60 and over, no charge.

I live in a college town where people have degrees but are not using them in their current field.

Malcolm Forbes once said, "it's only too late when you are dead."

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    I spend hours every day wondering about this topic. And i truly don't know. I didn't even have any hobbies until I was 16. Unless you count video games, which is useless. 
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Blonde, my post didn't come from a bitter place. Some ships in my life have sailed and others have yet to arrive. I don't choose to go to college or do community theater today. If I did, I would. 

Tonight I am attending a Town Hall meeting where the attendance is expected to be the size of a circuit assembly. Hubby and I have become community activists happy that we are starting to see positive changes due to our work.  

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger
    Been getting laid 11 times a day!!
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am where I believe I should be.

In this discussion board, I have talked about the fact that even as an elder I continued my education. I completed a doctorate in accounting and obtained a CPA license. I am currently on track to be a tenured professor at a state university. If I was not a witness I hope that my end point would be the same. The difference is that I should long be a tenured professor as opposed to an assistant professor. The fact is - I lost 20 career years because of this stupid religion (hey, I was born in so don't blame me). 

My recourse is to figure out a way to live 20 years longer than my natural live.  So, I will be teaching your grandchildren about debits and credits.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I wouldn't have been made to marry within the org to someone who was the "perfect witness/ pioneer"

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    A human being.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit