Guess what I saw today...

by mrsjones5 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Don't you live in CarMEL? Or someplace close? Richest part of Indy.

GH

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

So what's the big deal if someone drove in their BMW, Mercedes or Hummer to the KH? I know of plenty of JW's who drove nothing but BMW, Mercedes, Lexus or whatever and it was never a big deal. Many people in my KH were nurses or went to college to get their degrees. Maybe they didn't care about what other people said and instead went and got a better future for themselves, instead of dwelling of what could've happened. Instead take charge of your own lives! Don't wait on some elder to tell you what to do! You're your own person, you have the final decision on what to do with your life.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

East of Car-mel lol

So funny when we first moved here we kept getting the pronunciation of Carmel wrong. We were so used to saying it as Carm-el, like the coastal city in California. Kept getting corrected by people too. lol

• anewme
    anewme

Whatever happened to the theocratic thinking that we should not cause envy in our brothers and we should drive modest cars and adorn ourselves modestly and live modestly to set the example to others not to be living for this system of things?

Back in the 70s Witnesses actually thought and taught this way.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser
    Back in the 70s Witnesses actually thought and taught this way.

Well, we're not in the 70's anymore. And that kind of thinking won't get you anywere.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

We used to call those people the Country Club Congregation!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

My Father really wanted a second hand Jaguar when i was young but did not want to upset the brothers so he bought a family sedan Ford instead. Totally senseless as the Ford cost the same as the Jag he wanted anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit