Guess what I saw today...

by mrsjones5 26 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A jw parking a Hummer at a kingdom hall. This is nothing unusual at this hall. When I drive by in the mornings to take the hubby to work, I often see Lexus, BMWs, Mercedes, Caddies, Audis, etc. I often think to myself that these jws must be some well off jws.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

A very rare site indeed! That must be a congregation that has far more wealthy people than most.

• blondie
    blondie

Do the non-JW people who live in that area have a few bucks? JW congregational demographics tend to reflect the territory congregations have assigned to them.

There are 12 congos in this area and one is dirt poor and so is their territory (and the wealthy JWs will not live in the territory or go to that congregation). Another congo has the territory where the homes run from $500,000 to 2 mil. You can guess who goes there and what they drive.

Blondie

• richard
    richard

Next time, put an Awake!-article on the wasting of natural resources behind the Hummer's windshield wipers.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Perhaps once again "some brothers" have convinced themselves that the grand conclusion of this system of things is only weeeks or months away, certainly not years or millennia. This being the case, why not "overextend" oneself financially? You'll never have to pay those worldly debts, and you'll need the Hummer for toting all those skeletons around during the post-Armageddon clean-up. It will be just like Halloween, but without the candy. (Which contains blood anyway.)

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hummers are designed for war. This guy will be cruising during the War of Armageddon. I wonder if he is expecting to be allowed to let off a few rocket launchers as well.

• Scully
    Scully

was it a 4-door Hummer?

• loosie
    loosie

lol @ Scully

It doesn't matter what kind of car as long as it's 4 door.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Come to think of it...it was a 4 door! Actually the driver was a woman and this happened on a Friday morning so I guess by the numbers of cars at the hall she was participating in field service activities. Wouldnt that be a hoot to see someone out in service driving a Hummer. And yeah the income averages in the area I live in is pretty high (myself not included lol)

• heathen
    heathen

LMAO --- Yah and the hall I went to would brow beat you for buying a nintendo . That was just ohh so shameless of a waste there ............ I notice the dubbies will never come out and tell a rich person that they are in spiritual danger . I remember discussing this topic with some and man I tell ya they certainly know how to skirt the issue with a bunch of BS .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit