WATCHTOWER PUBLICLY ADMITS HUMAN OPINION AND NOT GOD'S SPIRIT

by Terry 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• minimus
    minimus

Terry, watch out! They'll sue you, next!

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

Excellent piece Terry!
    I'm sure a great deal of their embarrassment is due to the fact they used to constantly pride themselves in stating that no changes were required to their beliefs nor ever would be and how that was so unlike the Catholics, and the rest of Christendom. This was back in the 1950's and 60's. I remember as a child how impressed I was and proud to tell others their/our claim of unchanging JW doctrines when in the door to door work.

They should be embarrassed, they've made liars out of their members!

• garybuss
    garybuss

I'll be interested to see how they demonstrate they lost the 100K.

• kjac3585
    kjac3585

where did you find this information at Terry?

• Terry
    Terry
    I'll be interested to see how they demonstrate they lost the 100K

If they manage to make the copyright violation claim stick they don't have to show damages; just infringement and violation of the Fair Use Act.

Clever lawyers!

Judge Rutherford would be proud.

T.

• Robert_V_Frazier
    Robert_V_Frazier

Unfortunately for the Society, proving that the Quotes site is NOT fair use would be like proving water is not wet. The Quotes site is a classic textbook case of fair use!

Robert V Frazier

• Terry
    Terry
    where did you find this information at Terry?

I subscribe to GOOGLE ALERT.

You can put any subject in the box and every time some news concerning that subject hits the web I get a notice.

T.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Just tell me the Quotes dude is counter-suing for at least 10 times as much.

• Terry
    Terry
    tell me the Quotes dude is counter-suing for at least 10 times as much.

The amount of the lawsuit is a very peculiar amount in this day and age of million dollar awards.

I fancy the lawyers didn't want to appear greedy and vindictive, but, wanted to put the fear of Jah in all Internet Apostates at the same time.

I'm certain that if the Watchtower wins they will contribute the money to the "Worldwide Work".

Yeah.

T.

• trevor
    trevor

As the Watchtower Society is a registered non-profit making charity it is difficult to see who has suffered loss.

As the Watchtower Society claim God is the author of their work , how can they claim copyright?

They are perfectly happy to reproduce the bible, which they claim is God’s Word. Why can other people not reproduce their words, which they claim are also God’s word?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit