WATCHTOWER PUBLICLY ADMITS HUMAN OPINION AND NOT GOD'S SPIRIT

by Terry 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Terry
  • Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Im going to go WAY out on a limb here as say that WBTS is not counting on the rank and file having any knowledge of this lawsuit. What do you think?

• sf
    sf

Ha! Well that post seems to have shut them up Terry. It's ben nearly an hour now since it was posted. Can't wait to read BANE'S response.

sKally

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I wonder why this wouldn't be on www.jw-media.org ? What are they afraid of, since it seems they address so many other issues there that aren't discussed openly in the Watchtower or announcements/letters from the Society posted in local KHs.

• Quotes
    Quotes

I just want to remind everyone that regardles of your, or my, opinions of the WTS Quotes, they are presented in a full, complete, verifiable, fair, and honest way, and without any opinion expressed. The only control I have is deciding on how to Categorized the various and sundry quotes.

I know, both from email and personal discussion, that some people feel "strenghtened" in their faith to see the corrections, which they feel proves divine guidance.

Others may have another opinion of the material. It would appear, based on para.31 in the Statement of Claim, that WTS feels their own material, as presented at my site, embarrases them. Well, that is their opinion. Maybe WTS is not a spiritually strong as the ones that email me, or talk with me, to say it is spiritually strenghtening to see my WT Quotes collection.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Im going to go WAY out on a limb here as say that WBTS is not counting on the rank and file having any knowledge of this lawsuit. What do you think?

They soon will - there is no way that this is going to remain quiet. There will be reverberations from around the world on this one

• Terry
    Terry

The irony is endless.

An organization such as the Watchtower's thrives on persecution; yet, having their own words seen starkly presented is too much for them to bear.

They've sought the refuge of Free Speech in times past only to invoke the opposite this time.

The issue clearly is CONTROL of their own words.

They wish to control every context as well.

A lawsuit is a way of framing an issue for discussion so that OTHER ways of framing it cannot be addressed.

This is a pre-emptive strike on their part. It is designed to put fear in ALL so-called Apostate sites.

It is a very narrow path they tread in their characterization of injury to themselves. The content of their messege is what they seek to avoid discussing.

THAT is OUR issue: CONTENT and ERROR!

Why does the Watchtower Society exist in the first place? To make KNOWN the content of their messege.

This suit is deficient on merit.

T.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I wonder why this wouldn't be on www.jw-media.org ?

What......and come out and admit that they are embarrassed over the stuff they have taught as "truth" and "food from God " and then have had to revise it? Hardly likely.

I had a recent discussion with someone on Bnet who said that he was glad to be part of an organization that would make changes in their teachings.

My reply to him was that that *I* was glad to be part of a faith that didn't HAVE to make "changes" and revisions over the foolishness and outright lies they taught.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

So....might Dateline NBC bite on this story?? It's gonna be a big one, if it goes to trial.

• Pole
    Pole

Good piece Terry.

:I give blanket permission for reprinting my writing to any who will quote it entirely and not edit.

You mean you won't sue us for $100,000?

Pole

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit