I Can't Believe JW Relative Called

by Jeannine 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Shania
    Shania

As you have experienced: JW BREAK UP FAMILIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no matter how they sugar coat their words, they destroy families under the guis of a loving God..........................so sad. You BIL might be reflecting on his life, and is trying to repair what damage he caused, so be cautious but be loving, and in the end you might help him out of this "loving religion" that I am sure God has nothing to do with..............

• anewme
    anewme

Unless you like to continue painful drama, dont bring your motherinlaw into this! This is between your husband and his brother, period. You saw how healthy and good it was for your husband to hear from his brother. Dont think for a moment such a fragile beautiful thing as this cant be absolutely spoiled by some meddling JW family member! Protect yourselves by keeping your lips sealed about this call!

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I truly hope that your husband and his brother can come to some kind of agreement. Perhaps your brother-in-law is indeed experiencing conflict regarding his religion. However, I would advise you and your husband to proceed cautiously. I realize that it’s difficult especially when your brother-in-law calls out of the blue and stirs up this whirlwind of emotion. He may still be a firmly rooted JW that will eventually turn away yet again if he feels that he cant make any progress in bringing your husband back into the flock.

I don’t want to come across as a pessimist. I guess in my opinion it’s better to be prepared for the worst and to be surprised when things go well then it is to hope for the best to be disappointed when things fall apart. At least in this situation any way.

• nonjwalltheway
    nonjwalltheway

Jeannine,

Could you send me a copy of that article on higher education. I would love to show it to my JW sister in law that just received her four year degree in nursing. My email address is: [email protected]. Thanks.

Lewis

• nonjwalltheway
    nonjwalltheway

Hi Jeannine,

Please fax or email the article to me. My fax number is: 888-284-3086 and my email address is: [email protected]. Thanks.

Lewis

• talesin
    talesin

So, how did the meeting with his brother go?

tal

• Jeannine
    Jeannine

The meeting hasn't taken place yet. They have spoke on the phone one more time since that first phone call. Their work schedules conflict, not to mention my bro-in-law's five meetings per week. They might get together earlier next week. I'll keep this board updated.

I have found out that my bro-in-law's son is an excellent high school student and star basketball player. There is a good chance that this nephew of mine will get a full college scholarship in exchange for his basketball skills. It will be interesting to see if my bro-in-law wears his Elder "hat" or his Dad "hat" when counseling his son on going to college while competing in basketball. From what I understand, this kid might be good enough to go pro. I hope the JW's don't screw up this kid's future.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Now I'm getting suspicious. I've recently gotten a call from my very devout JW sister. She heard I was having some health issues and called to see how I was. I'm disfellowshipped and hadn't talked to her in 8 years. She lives across the country from me and was coming out this way to vist my other JW siblings. While she was here they all came over to see me. I started thinking maybe I was dying and they knew it and I didn't, lol. Has there been new light perhaps?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Let them call back. If they're going to ask for money, they should be the one paying for the phone call! After all these years and after treating you so badly, they think you're going to run at the first scrap of care they give you?

Or; call up, keep it brief by saying 'I got your message and thought that there must be an emergency. Is everything ok?' If it turns out that it is, make it clear that after treating you so badly after so many years, it will be difficult for you to respect them again, and they're not to contact you again until they can act with dignity.

If it turns out they're just after money, make it clear that if you're not to be treated as a loved member of the family, you're not just going to be a bankroll. If you're okay with giving them money, make them pay for it by coming to you to get it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit