Criticisim

by 5thGeneration 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

*** Watchtower August 15, 1950 p. 263 Name and Purpose of The Watchtower ***…The Watchtower… invites careful and critical examination of its contents in the light of the Scriptures.

"It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion. *** Watchtower November 15, 1963 p.688 Execution of Divine Judgment upon False Religion ***

When we see glaring lies, deliberate deceptions and countless inconsistancies in the WTS teachings, we DO get justifiably angry.

NO ONE likes being lied to (do YOU????) and have based their entire life and beliefs of this cultlike and fraudulent organization.

Annie...........a once obedient and loyal 30-year victim of WTS lies

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    There are a lot of good Witnesses and a lot of good doctrine and a lot of good motives among JWs.

Doesn't that really mean:

There are a lot of Witnesses which I care for, and a lot of doctrine I still agree with, and a lot of sincere motives among JWs as far as I can know.

• avishai
    avishai
    and a lot of good doctrine and a lot of good motives among JWs.

OK, so how do they follow the parable of the good samaritan, as a religion? Answer me that one question.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and the parable of the prodigal son - show me how the watchtower follows that procedure when they eventually reinstate somebody after disfellowshipping

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Tres, the WT teaches that Christendom still had certan favor in God's eyes until 1914.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    I have to say that generally the criticism on this board toward JWs is over the top.

Isn't the Watchtower's criticism of other religions over the top too?

You all can dish it out but not take it?

• Undecided
    Undecided

I usually don't bash JWs as individuals, I've seen many good people in the KHs but I can't stand the GB, a pious, egotistical bunch of old farts.

Ken P.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

5th. You are questioning for a reason. I can appreciate why you consider criticisms here "over the top", because you have not had the same experiences.

One of the deeper investigations I suggest doing is in the souce of the Truth(tm). Doctrine, vs, actions. Sadly, the hypocracies go all the way to the top.

Take a look at the WTBTS involvement as an NGO with the UN. Library card? No. Access to 3rd world countries for religious conversion and UN sponsored and financed programs.

Take a look at their 2002 US tax return. Financial investments in R.J. Reynolds corp. Yet, the WTBTS disfellowships for use of tobacco products.

1914, 1923, 1975. 1975. 1975. 1975. 1975. That published date altered my life unbelievably so. What? You never heard of 1975? Yes, it's been swept under the rug.

Why does the Governing Body, the mouthpeice for Jehovah's kingdom on earth make false prophesies? Isn't a "mouthpeice" a prophet? Isn't Jehovah perfect? Shouldn't His word be perfect?

Criticism. You are entitled to yours. we are entitled to ours.

Good luck! You have a lot in front of you.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    There are a lot of good Witnesses and a lot of good doctrine and a lot of good motives among JWs.

Does this excuse the hate spread by the Governing Body about other religions and anyone who discovers their doctrines are based on lies?

• rebel8
    rebel8

People who are satisfied or neutral about something rarely bother to comment on it at all. People who have negative feelings about something are more vocal. It's just human nature. Doesn't mean there aren't "lukewarm" people out there, they just aren't motivated to post as often.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit