Criticisim

by 5thGeneration 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

I remember a great quote from a movie "Some of the worst things have happend as a result of great intentions" Same here yes they may have some "good" motives but some of the worst experiences for people have resulted. And when it continually happens you get to a point where its not worth it.

Hope this makes sense i know what im tryin to say in my head

es

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

5th, WELCOME! I see you have been here a little while. If you read my profile, you will see that I was never a JW, but have some family who are. They are nice people, they truly believe in what they are taught in the KH. They seem to interact with the rest of the NonJW family more than most I hear about; that is good.

what is NOT good is the hurt that has been done by the teachings of this org. If you have not done so already. Please read Crisis of Conscience and the follow-up book. Take your time, don't be so hard on those here who are critical. They have been hurt and this board helps them release a lot of that. I know what you mean, it does get pretty harsh here at times. But think for yourself, put yourself in their places...read, read read all over this board. I think you'll gain a new perspective.

Take care and let us know when you have gotten C of C.

Peace,

AuntieJane

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    There are a lot of good Witnesses

Ok, I will buy that. I know some good Witnesses...

and a lot of good doctrine

I can't say that after all the research I have done, that there is any good doctirne in the JW religion.

and a lot of good motives among JWs.

My sister is JW, and she has real good motives for treating our mother like she is dead for the last several years. She has good motives for not letting Grandma see the grandkids. She has good motives for the evil, horrible, painful, twisted things she has said and is doing to our mother. Somehow her good motives don't mean sh!t next to all the hurt and pain she dishes out. And think about this: If her child needs a blood transfusion, she will have good motives for letting him die.

By their LOVE you shall know them, not by their motives.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg
    There are a lot of good Witnesses and a lot of good doctrine and a lot of good motives among JWs

I can certainly agree that there are a lot of good witnesses....my mother, my daughter and my wife among them. There are a lot of a-holes there too. A person's religion does not define who they are or what kind of people they will be. The good ones would be that way no matter what their religious preference...the a-holes...same deal.

As far as doctrine, the JW's doctrine for the most part, is not unique. They share alot of doctrine with other groups including the Worldwide Church of God and the Seventh Day Adventists. The founders of all three religions came out of that same bible study group in Pennsylvania that CT Russell did.

As far as motives, well...as many have said "the road to hell is paved with good intentions..." Good motives do not justify one's actions. The whole civil war in the US was sold by southern leaders as a "way to preserve our heritage and way of life"...the same for racial discrimination down through the years....it still doesn't excuse the acts committed in the furthering of these "innocent" motives.

I do welcome you 5th...and I wish you well in figuring out your feelings about the WTS. Each person has to define those feelings for themselves. For my part, I don't have ill will towards individual members...for the most part...but I do have a problem with this organization that claims to be the sole tool of God.

Ern

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit