Criticisim

by 5thGeneration 33 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I have to say that generally the criticism on this board toward JWs is over the top.

I personally have huge problems with the 'truth' right now in my life but I notice the ones who have literally nothing good to say about anything.

There are a lot of good Witnesses and a lot of good doctrine and a lot of good motives among JWs.

Criticism fine, but Jesus commended when due.

• under74
    under74

5th- A lot of people have been hurt and are still hurting.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Great another button pushing thread.

• JW83
    JW83

Sorry, jury's still out on the anything good part ...

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well, not everyone "polarises" to one extreme or the other. It's down to the individual. Even though I posted a "what could we change the organisation into" thread yesterday, I don't see the imminent fall of the Watchtower and believe there are *some* people who gain benefit from it.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

In response, I will say that people here speak from their personal experiences and personal knowledge. Many have had terrible experiences, some have very deep and insightful knowledge.

I knew some very nice witnesses, was aware of a little good doctrine, and there seemed to be a fair amount of good motives among the rank and file (although I am not able to read the intentions of the heart).

All of the best is overshadowed, however, by the worst doctrines and policies of the Governing Body: their horrendous child protection policy, false dates, intellectual dishonesty, dalliance with the UN, professing Christ with their mouths but denying personal relationship and acceptance of his mediation to all but a few members, and there is also death by misapplication of scripture (blood policy, etc).

~Merry

• Sirona
    Sirona

The thing is, the good doctrines are found in other Christian churches (and other faiths for that matter). For instance, loving your neighbour, developing good qualities, prayer, charity, study of the bible (or in other faiths, study of spiritual things), morality (not hurting others, which covers lying, stealing, adultery etc.).

So why be JW? With JW you have to accept all of the bad things too - things which you may avoid if you found the right faith.

Sirona

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    a lot of good doctrine and a lot of good motives among JWs

Oh I need examples. If you're gonna put out that blanket statement give some examples to back it up. I would really like to compare notes.

Josie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    a lot of good motives among JWs.

Oh dear, do you think this is enough?

No, my friend, sincerity is NOT enough.

After all, the great despots of history, like Hitler and Pol Pot, have been sincere.

Truth is quite different to sibcerity.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Criticism fine, but Jesus commended when due.

Did Jesus ever commend the Devil?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit