Watch Tower sues Quotes for $100,000 plus plus plus...

by Quotes 354 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Top rank msn news wire sat morn 9-24-05
    Jehovah's Witnesses file $100,000 suit to Silence Whistle-blower Website

Why would WTBTS leadership want to shut down a web site that did nothing more than quote from their own religious literature? ... Jehovah Witness Watchtower leaders sue member for copyright infringement of 'God's Word ... the legal corporation used by Jehovah's Witnesses for their publishing operations, against ...

• MediaSyndicate
    • 9/24/2005
  • Terry
    Terry

COMPLAINT:..." has created a search engine that selectively quotes from some of the Religious Works but not others".

So, which is it? Do they want ALL their works to be quoted or only some?

How can you complain that Quotes makes available TOO MUCH material, and, at the same time complain that QUOTES does not provide access to others?

Is this a case of eating your cake and having it too?

T.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Permanent ascending high ranking at web keyword search for Jehovah's Witnesses

Comprehensive article.

Jehovah's Witnesses :: Jehovah's Witnesses file $100000 suit to ...
    Religion news about Jehovah's Witnesses, religious cults, sects and world religions,
    for cult experts and other researchers.
    www.religionnewsblog.com/12205 - 33k

• kid-A
    kid-A

The great thing about the QUOTES website is the fact that you can pull up these obscure, historical quotes from the old WTS literature. 90% of the dubs today have no idea what kind of contradictory crap the WTS has been spewing out since 1879.

Their power is to guarantee their future by eliminating their past and hoping the dubs dont ask too many pesky questions about "old light"......this site is brilliant threat to WTS revisionism. [edited], I salute you!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Quotes on the air, live, from 1pm to 230pm. This is the programs web site:

http://www.drewmarshall.ca/

CJYE AM 1250

Listen This Saturday - 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
    Call In During The Show
    905-338-1250

SPECIAL GUEST
    Someone Really Neat!

(Haven't quite confirmed our guest yet for this Saturday... I mean, we could tell you but... you know!)

JOURNEY

Rev. Stephen Boissoin

Canada's Prime Minister, Paul Martin said Churches would be protected after Bill C-38 was passed. Tell that to this Pastor who is now facing a Human Rights Tribunal and fines, because of a letter to the editor he wrote calling homosexuality immoral and dangerous.

TALKBACK

The 100-minute Bible... is it a good thing or not?

A version of the Bible that can be read in just 100 minutes has been published in an effort to attract time-challenged readers to the Good Book. The 100-Minute Bible covers the principal stories from the creation to Revelation, but can be read in about an hour and a half.

Are their any virgins over 18 out there?

Maybe you could call in and tell us how you did it... or should we say,didn't do it! What's the secret to staying sexually pure before marriage?

(We didn't quite get around to this topic last week!)

-Have you had any experience with the JWs?
    -Did you used to be a Jehovah's Witness?
    -What do you think about what they believe?

The WatchTower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania have initiated legal proceedings against [Quotes], former JW, who has been displaying "Quotes" from the Jehovah’s Witnesses publication on his website. [Quotes]'s site quotes.watchtower.ca uses excerpts from the WatchTower's own religious literature, to shed some light on the inside stuff they really believe. The law suit seeks a reported $100,000 in damages and a court order to silence the website.
    AND MUCH, MUCH MORE...

To share your point of view, ask a question or have your pre-paid advertisement read by Drew...

Send us an email NOW!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Watchtower watch

Since 1998, [Quotes] has posted excerpts of published writings from the Watchtower Society, God's supposed channel of earthly communication for 6.5 million Jehovah's Witnesses worldwide.
    World Magazine

9/25/2005
    Posted at prior page-now just went up on news wire

• IT Support
    IT Support

How did the radio show go?

(It's not yet on their web site.)

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I'm so miffed that I just now found out about the radio interview! Hope it went very well.

QUOTES,

Are you thinking of approaching someone at CFRB 1010 AM too? As you probably know, they have quite a large listenership in the GTA, Hamilton, Niagara area.

• Scully
    Scully

Danny, my apologies that my edits to your post did bad things to the formatting. It was a nightmare trying to get it sorted out, it looked fine when I clicked "Submit", but turned out looking nasty anyway.

I just want to post a friendly reminder that Quotes does NOT wish to have his name posted on JWD. So, please, if you are pasting news articles into a JWD thread about publicity for the lawsuit against Quotes, please remove his name and replace it with [Quotes]. Otherwise, you may find that I've screwed up your post's formatting when I get around to editing it.

QuotesRe: New Press Release ready for Quotes website battle

Post 1913 of 1919
    since 23-Jan-02

37 y 9 m 8 d

Thanks for catching that Scully. You are correct, I would prefer that my name not be posted here at JWD. If someone wants/needs it, it is available in the scan I posted, and that can be used for contact info on Press Releases any one wants to send out.
    No harm, no foul; I had asked EscapedLifer1 to include my name/contact info on the press release; but I didn't want my name posted directly here on JWD, forever to be archived and catalogued by Google.

Thanks again to EVERYONE, you are all being so helpful.

• IT Support
    IT Support

Danny / Scully,

Quotes' interview on the Drew Marshall Show is now on the web site. Quotes handled it like an old pro!

Well done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit