Watch Tower sues Quotes for $100,000 plus plus plus...

by Quotes 354 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gerard
    Gerard

*** Watchtower May 15, 1957 pp.313-315 Appreciating Basic Christian Publications ***

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/verify.htm

…Their zeal for knowledge may even prompt them to dig back into things that were published long before they came into the truth, expanding and deepening their understanding, and ever growing in Christian maturity... Do you dig out older publications to expand and deepen your knowledge on subjects about which questions arise? Have you really studied these earlier publications?... How is your background of knowledge? ... Never think: "Oh, I know most of that." For you will find, indeed, that you do not and that you will be strengthened by your additional study...once you have completed your study of them you can then look to even older publications... Only by studying earlier publications and digging back through previous issues of The Watchtower kept in the library at your local Kingdom Hall. There is much in the way of spiritual riches and aids toward mature knowledge in these earlier publications, and their study is most certainly worth your time.
  • sf
    sf

I am listening to this audio now as I type...BRAVO!

I think too, that this needs its own thread in order that all who come to this site, see it and have the chance to hear it.

Having it buried in THIS thread does not give it the attention that is crucial to all who lurk and seek.

I'll look to see if indeed there is a thread devoted only to it. If not, I'll create one.

Please take no offense Danny. Non is intended.

Sincerely, sKally

• Legolas
    Legolas

It cut out on me!

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

Thanks Midget!

Brandon

• Celia
    Celia

I tried to find a quote from the WT (I believe) that said something to the effect :

"you don't have to do research yourself (re: Bible, our literature), educated people at Bethel have done the research already."

Does anyone know what I am talking about and where it can be found ?

Celia

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

Watchtower 1967 June 1 p.338 Move Ahead with Jehovah's Organization

12 How will we put these four things into effect? First, study: We may think of study as hard work, as involving heavy research. But in Jehovah's organization it is not necessary to spend a lot of time and energy in research, for there are brothers in the organization who are assigned to do that very thing, to help you who do not have so much time for this, these preparing the good material in The Watchtower and other publications of the Society. But you do not study enough? Take this suggestion: Often the very best and most beneficial studying you do is that done when you read a new Watchtower or Awake! or a new book with the joy of getting the new truths and a fresh view.

Hope this is what you are looking for. It's on the quote site under 'Religion: Do Not Verify.'

Axelspeed

• Celia
    Celia

Exactly Axel, thanks ! I Looked on Quotes but obviously not in the right place !

• Golf
    Golf

Quotes, I'm with you all the way. Hang tough.

Golf

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Touchstone Magazine - Mere Comments: Jehovah's Witnesses Plead the ...
    Jehovah's Witnesses Plead the Fifth. Amy Wellborn's Open Book weblog has an ...
    Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Jehovah's Witnesses Plead ...
    merecomments.typepad.com/merecomments/ 2005/09/jehovahs_witnes.html - 21k

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    MSN news wire top rank
    Jehovah's Witnesses File $100,000 Suit To Silence Whistle-Blower Website

Why would WTBTS leadership want to shut down a web site that did nothing more than quote from their own religious literature? ... the legal corporation used by Jehovah's Witnesses for their publishing operations, against ... http://quotes.watchtower.ca. Jehovah's Witnesses, who publicly trumpet their past legal ...

• World Forum
    • 10/2/2005

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit