Do you vote now?

by sass_my_frass 26 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Do you think it matters? How long did it take for you to start voting? Was it liberating?

• onintwo
    onintwo

Of course I vote! How can you not? Unless you want others to decide matters for you that will affect you. And affect you they will, trust me. Besides, I had enough of that sort of thing in the "truth".

I find that the hardest part is actually researching the candidates and issues. It takes some time. Unless you're simply going to go down your ballot and vote in every Republican or Democrat or Independent, or whatever your preference is. Straight ticket as some people do.

I voted every election since I was out. By the way, my voter registration card fits nicely where my blood card used to be!!!

Onintwo

• Dimples
    Dimples

Yes, I voted for the first last year.( free from JW's for 5 years ) It was a special occasion because my daughter had just turned 18 and my husband had just became an american citizen. We all voted together as a family.

DIMPLES

• Es
    Es

I did my first vote last year. It was really weird i didnt know what to do. But it felt good.

es

• skyman
    skyman

Yes very liberating

• onintwo
    onintwo

Good for you, Es!

Now you can look forward to being called to deliberate on juries, etc. Do your civic duty. Decide people's fate. Get paid ten bucks a day. Whoooheee!

Seriously, though. It's great. Being a real citizen is a good and liberating feeling. Now you can get involved in all sorts of groups, organizations (if that sort of thing strikes you) and make a difference in your community, by volunteering, etc.

Onintwo

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I've always voted. My dad was never a witness, and was a vet. So I voted just to respect him. Now I do it for me. (hope that made sense)

• prophecor
    prophecor

I vote now, yes. I believe it is the responsibility of the citizens of a country to assist in the bringing about the best government possible through voting. We don't have a lot to choose from when voting for people in office but it's the best we have at this time.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I voted while I was a Witness and just kept it to myself, my state does a mail in ballet. I was registered a Republican and not I am Independent. Which drives some people nuts as they say you must draw a line in your politics. I disagree!

• foreword
    foreword

Never voted, never will and proud of it. Sorry to disagree. However I do see my non-vote as a vote in itself. Give me someone worth voting for and I might change my mind, but as long as they keep presenting me with hypocrites in a suit and tie I will refrain from participating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit