WATCHING THE WORLD GO DOWN

by You Know 51 Replies latest jw friends

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

You Know gives his presentation to the Governing Body:

• You Know
    You Know
    By the way, are you going to spend all your savings by then, that is, if you have any savings.

No, of course not. I still have savings and insurance and all that stuff. Jesus' financail advice to the sons of the kingdom was to use there physical assets for the kingdom so that "WHEN THESE FAIL" they would have something laid up in heaven to fall back on. So, while I have taken some steps to pay off debt and diversify and that sort of thing, by far the best preparation for the impending failure of this system's means of live is building a strong faith in Jehovah. / You Know

• joelbear
    joelbear

Huh,

Where did Jesus say that? As I recall Jesus said stuff like, Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, and do not worry about tomorrow, and don't god take care of the sparrows and the lilies of the field.

Please quote the scripture where Jesus said, diversify your portfolio and make sure you've got a good bit put away to live on until I come and deliver you.

Oh You Know of little faith.

Joel

• You Know
    You Know

Luke 16 is where Jesus spoke about about using our worldly riches for the kingdom until they fail to have any value. / You Know

• joelbear
    joelbear

I'll look it up

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Consider that many resources in this world (people, mankind and society) have more than monetary value.

For example, although education may be an abstratct resource, it has perpetual and monetary value because of its application. Natural resources, although not objects of value (one cannot purchase goods and services in a commercial retail marketplace with trees, endangered species, etc) possess a unique value unto themselves because of their affect on planetary life. Their value is ecological.

Now, after considering economic, ecological, commercial, and personal values, Christs advice about "worldly riches" can have a broader application than simple money and wages.

Investing in one's education is a possible application of worldly riches because of its potential values. The WTBS never relaized this fact and have only since changed the policies into suggestions due to the inablility of members to survive economically and also support the work.

When considering what portions of "worldly riches" to make practical use of, we do well to research, investigate and examine our own circumstances before applying broad generalized counsel from the WTBS.

Those who have already broken the chains are already well aware of this. Keep prospering!

NIHIL DEBEO ET NIHIL DESIDEO!
    PAX ET VITA
    VALETE!

• You Know
    You Know
    Now, after considering economic, ecological, commercial, and personal values, Christs advice about "worldly riches" can have a broader application than simple money and wages.

Interestingly, the NIV says: "use your worldly wealth." --- Referring of course to money. / You Know

• trevor
    trevor

You Know,

Am I alone in thinking that you are a fake? I don't for a minute believe that you are a JW.

I get the feeling that you used to be but have been upset, and have decided to vent your anger by winding up ex jW's. You are rather amusing in a weird sort of way. Sell your belongings, give the money to the poor and Pioneer for the last few remaining days of this old system - then I'll believe you.

Trevor

• Brutus
    Brutus

You know,
    So how are you gonna feel if 15-20 yrs. down the road your still living on this earth? Would you ever admit that your beliefs were false and that you were just completely BRAINWASHED?

• thewiz
    thewiz

I thought the king of the north was Santa Clauss?
    -No, mommy help me!!!!

Don't worry the king of the north will come down when he's finished bangin' Mrs. Clauss.

He does have a 9-foot d***

I heard so when I was a kid.

Old St. Nick
    Had a 9-foot d***
    and showed it to the lady next door
    The lady thought it was a snake
    and hit with a rake
    and now it's only 5'4"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit