Barbara Bush: Hurricane victims better off, were "underpriviledged anyway"

by professor 73 Replies latest social current

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have always admired Barb. Maybe she's just thinking out loud. And to be fair, maybe some circumstances will improve for some of the refugees. The thing is though, you can never replace a home like New Orleans or even Biloxi or Mobile. How sad to be homesick for a home that doesn't exisit anymore. I'm about to be pre older than dirt myself on my upcoming birthday.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Well, to be completely truthful, when these people receive all the help they're supposed to according to all of these donations received from so many people/agencies, YES, a large majority of them will be better off than they ever were their whole lives with their own effort.

So, YES, in the majority of cases of the people that came out of the New Orleans area, although politically incorrect, her comment was right on target.

I mean, could you believe the level of poverty these people lived on? For a while there I was in disbelief that these communities existed in this the most powerful and supposedly rich nation in the world!

YES, undoubtedly in my mind, many many of these people will be all set. Their kids will all most likely receive scholarships to college, etc., etc., etc.

DY

• flower
    flower

"What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas.

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this - this is working very well for them."

Shes old?? Thats the excuse for a former first lady to be so ignorant that she doesnt know better than to make comments like this about people whose dead loved ones are currently floating around the streets or buried beneath the rubble of what used to be thier home?

Are the people defending these comments kidding? Would these people would have chosen to trade off the lives of members of their families and all of their irreplaceable belongings like historical family pictures or gifts just so they can get the 'freebies' that they might get like a scholarship or something???

Do you really think that people who are underpriviledged are THAT different from you? That they would do anything for a handout or freebie? Well apparently Mrs Bush thinks so. Hell if your underprivileged these kind of disasters are not so bad since you might get somethin out of it that you wouldnt have had before right? Geezus what an idiot. I dont care how old she is I wish I could punch her lights out.

No Barbara, you moron, its not 'working very well for them' in Houston. They are on TV begging for anyone who has seen their babies or their mothers to call them and let them know. Their baby and mother are probably dead. No they dont give a shit about getting the 'priviledge' to move to Houston you idiot..they want to go back to their homes with all of their family alive and well and for this nightmare not to have happened.

Geezus, how people could have voted into office someone with this kind of ignorant attitude, who isnt even aware that they are a moron is beyond me. Like mother like son.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

She's just letting her beautiful mind run free.

"Why should we hear about body bags and deaths," Barbara Bush said on ABC's "Good Morning America" on March 18, 2003. "Oh, I mean, it's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?"

• Nick
    Nick
    Just goes to show, a bad bitch has bad puppies.

No truer words have been spoken.

Nick

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Sounds like shes suffering from a severe case of "open mouth insert foot" syndrome. The apple doesnt fall to far from the tree you know.

• happyout
    happyout

Flower,

Thank you for saying that, you expressed it so well. I agree with you 100%.

If anyone caught Oprah yesterday (Tuesday), it was heart wrenching. Thousands of people were herded into a dark stadium where gangs were shooting, raping, and killing. Dead bodies were left in the building for days. Toilets didn't work, so human excrement was everywhere. The dying were put into the same area as the already dead, making their passing that much more hideous. Although it was likely only 1% of the population commiting the acts of lawlesness, it affected everyone there. And this went on for 6 DAYS!!!

I don't want to hear, read, or listen to any bullshi* about these people being better off than they were before. That is ignorance at it's worst.

Happyout (pissed at the stupidity and cold heartedness of some people)

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    Why can't god speak to his people out of a burning Bush now, that's what I want to know...

thats the miracle most of the world are praying for

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

ok. So what are you doing to address the suffering?

kdn

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Barbara Bush: Hurricane victims better off, were "underpriviledged anyway"

I agree! Hell, why don't we just bury them all in a big hole while we're at it. That would be a great way to improve the poverty statistics!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit