WTS requesting insurance checks? Verification?

by EscapedLifer1 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Fangorn
    Fangorn

Doubtfully I appreciate the information. It's good to get the straight story.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    This information is false.

When they did repairs in my home, they asked for a donation equal to the cost of materials. Of course, since we received a pretty good sum from our insurance plus local anb Federal aid, we donated a little more.

I knew of quite a few JWs in the congregation where I attend that don't have a pot to piss on and got all the work done for free.

They did excellent repair/rebuild work!!! If we were to pay contractors to do all the work they did for us, we would've spent the last penny given to us!

Once again, the information about the WBTS asking people to sign over their insurance checks is totally false. Of course, due to some people's generosity and thankfulness perhaps there were some that did do just that. However, it wasn't asked of anyone.

The information is NOT false. I believe your story is also true. What I am saying, is that after Hurrican Charley, the message was very clear, multiple times from the stage, from teh Circuit Overseer, that everyone WAS signing over their checks to the Society and that he personally DID NOT KNOW ANYONE that had their house restored who FAILED TO TURN OVER THEIR WHOLE CHECK TO THE SOCIETY.

This is fact.

-ithinkisee

• DannyHaszard
  • CoonDawg
    CoonDawg
    I've often wondered if these JWs who volunteer to help out are insured by the society in case they are injured during the work they're doing. I also used to wonder about this at their kingdom hall building projects.

I can tell you that my mom's congregation was taking a turn picking fruit at the Watchtower Grove in Immokalee, FL. Mom went to get off a wagon that was bringing them back to the sorting plant. She got off the wagon wrong, stumbled and broke her arm...seriously enough that they had to do surgery to put in titanium rods. My dad was so pissed. He said that no one even offered any kind of compensation for medical bills or anything. He was pissed and wanted to file a suit, but my mom insisted that he not do it. They were lucky that they had health insurance....otherwise, they'd have been screwed.

Ern

• Brymichmom
    Brymichmom

I think this would be worth an IRS audit. When charitable organizations give "disaster relief" they MUST provide documentation on WHO they helped and the cost involved. They DO NOT ask for anyone to contribute their insurance checks.

I'm not in the insurance business, but I would guess that this could be classified as insurance fraud. I do know tax law, and it seems by the WT doing everything under the umbrella of the WWW, they escape under a loophole so they don't have to substantiate ANYTHING, when involved in disaster relief. In fact, technically, they aren't even involved in disaster relief because they have no fund set up for it. All non profit organizations must have FUND accounts set up that are supposed to function as indicated for the budget they present.

CH

• Anitar
    Anitar

It sounds like everyone has had a different experience with the insurance checks and the elders, all of

which are no doubt true, but the fact remains that no matter how you slice it, the Watchtower always

profits. That sounds neither faithful nor discreet to me.

Anitar

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Wow- just wow

• mind blown
    mind blown

so much for non profit.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit