WTS requesting insurance checks? Verification?

by EscapedLifer1 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I wouldn't have a problem with someone asking for a donation either. Coersion is another story. And if I donate then I decide the amount. If someone tries to "suggest" a figure to me then they're lucky if they get a dime.

W

• Celia
    Celia

I asked : Who pays for the building materials ? I was thinking, maybe in some cases, it's the people who lost their house who buy the building materials.

Presumably those who voluntarily donate to relief efforts.
    If you have insurance, and they come and fix your house up for you, I don't think there is anything wrong in asking that you consider donating some money when you get your check, I really don't.However, signing over the whole check...it they are actually bringing your house back to where it was before the damage I can see that, but if they are not...then no. But if I had insurance and they worked on my house I would donate some of it. I think that is fair

OK, then, why donate money to the Watch Tower Society, who has done nothing to help.... The money should be given back to the people who actually donated the building materials and their time and skills.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    If you have insurance, and they come and fix your house up for you, I don't think there is anything wrong in asking that you consider donating some money when you get your check, I really don't.

However, signing over the whole check...it they are actually bringing your house back to where it was before the damage I can see that, but if they are not...then no. But if I had insurance and they worked on my house I would donate some of it. I think that is fair

They ask you to sign over the whole check it they return your house to where it was before the storm.

The Society pockets ALL THIS MONEY. The labor is donated. The materials are mostly all donated. Food, water, and other sundries are all (mostly) donated.

They will not shake you down. They will not force you to. But they will remember what you did not donate. WHen your name comes up in elders meetings regarding responsibilities ... it will be reminded that you "took advantage" of the Relief Work.

This is a great moneymaking scheme for the Society.

-ithinkisee

• Mary
    Mary
    If you have insurance, and they come and fix your house up for you, I don't think there is anything wrong in asking that you consider donating some money when you get your check, I really don't.

I see a MAJOR problem with that.........you think the WTS is paying the brothers that come around to repair/rebuild your home, one frigging red cent??!! I guarantee you that they're not. So where the hell do they get off asking for your insurance money?? At least the "worldly" people that repair your home are getting paid for their efforts and this is, of course, what part of your insurance money is there to cover. So in other words, The Mighty Bethel gets these brothers to come to your home to rebuild your home without paying them any labour, yet they're "suggesting" that you donate your entire insurance cheque to the Borg, as though to cover labour costs..........you do the math. It's nothing but a frigging scam.

• Jourles
    Jourles

I have a jw friend in Houston that I still stay in contact with. His folk's house was flooded and the witnesses helped rebuild it. I will ask him what happened with regards to any sort of 'payout.'

• talesin
    talesin

Whatever happened to `you received free, give free`?

When we help others who are old or sick, to build a new porch, or paint their house, we don`t ask for payment for our services.... why would the WTBTS?

And as FF said, there is a huge difference between suggesting a small donation would be graciously accepted, and coercion.

tal

• talesin
    talesin

And, I just thought of this.

The Society uses the free labour of the brothers and sisters (TM) to do their quick-builds, and then the congregation pays for EVERYTHING, and the WTBTS still owns the KH.

So, they use the free labour to rebuild people`s homes, and then the recipient gives the money to the WTBTS ... yup, that`s twisted.

t

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    The Mighty Bethel gets these brothers to come to your home to rebuild your home without paying them any labour,

I've often wondered if these JWs who volunteer to help out are insured by the society in case they are injured during the work they're doing. I also used to wonder about this at their kingdom hall building projects.

W

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    I've often wondered if these JWs who volunteer to help out are insured by the society in case they are injured during the work they're doing.

A brother I know was injured on a KH job. His dad is the head of the regional building committee and also owns a very successful construction company.

They ran his injury through their business insurance company.

Had he been someone who didn't have a health plan ... he would have been left to fend on his own.

-ithinkisee

• undercover
    undercover
    A brother I know was injured on a KH job. His dad is the head of the regional building committee and also owns a very successful construction company.

They ran his injury through their business insurance company.

Why do I get visions of Mafia goodguys running false payrolls through construction projects?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit