I won't shave my body hair, so there!

by crankytoe 69 Replies latest social relationships

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

Most of the women I've dated never seemed to have a problem with my body hair. But every now and then I run into a girl who seems both amazed and disgusted by it. It's happened often enough now - so I'm wondering if all women are turned off to varying degrees?

Is that why I'm single? Am I cursed? All this time I thought it was my JW upbringing that led me to this single/solitary life,

any thoughts?

crank,

• rebel8
    rebel8

Are you the 40 yr old virgin in the movie? Just kidding.

Personally my preference is for a reasonable amount of hair in the right places. The rest is fodder for Nair. Wouldn't keep me from dating a guy unless it was as thick as a fur coat and in the wrong places. (Now come on and tell me why your toe is cranky already. Is it because it's too hairy?)

I think women differ on their preferences in this regard. It's hard to believe it would be a big of enough issue to keep you single.

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

so does shoulder fuzz freak you out?

Hey! I'm not 40 or a virgin! Just going through a dry spell.....actually, it's more like a dry era!

Just recently got some, shall we say negative feedback from a young lady, and thinking back, I'm wondering if that's been my problem all along. Just can't seem to be able to keep the girls I like. Sometimes the problem is me, sometimes it them, always communication failure at some point.

But the body hair seems to be a biggy for more than a few lately ,

thought I'd ask,

crank,

crank,

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Go for a Full Body Brazilian Wax job!

• ballistic
    ballistic

The funny thing is, women never mention my body hair. I am starting to get a hairy back. It bothers me more than it bothers them.

• JH
    JH

Years ago, women loved men who were hairy. Today it's just the opposite.

The way I see it, I'll do as a woman wants me to look, because my body becomes her playground.

For now, I'm hairy

• rebel8
    rebel8

She actually told you she didn't like your body hair? That's pretty rude. I was married to my husband before I bought some Nair and asked him to use it, and I did it in the kindest/gentlest way possible. (BTW, it's really easy to use and works really well. You don't get the stubble like with shaving.)

Since you asked, shoulder hair....mmm...sorry..but yes it does bother me. I wouldn't go so far as to say it freaks me out. It's just ...a bit unattractive. However, I wouldn't let it stop me from dating a guy.....I guess I'm not that shallow. I would hope a guy wouldn't judge me that harshly either. No one has a perfect body.

(I was mentioning the 40 yr old virgin b/c the guy in the movie gets his chest waxed. OUCH!)

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie
    so I'm wondering if all women are turned off to varying degrees?

I guess it depends on just how much hair we're talking about here...

We all have our likes and dislikes regarding physical features and attributes that we find attractive in the opposite sex. If you find that you have such excessive body hair that it is unattractive to those you are trying to appeal to, it might not be the worst idea in the world to consider some alternative grooming techniques. While you may not need to shave or wax all your more hirsute parts, a little careful grooming may make those areas more palatable. What good is digging in your heels and refusing to change something so minor as a little 'shoulder fuzz' if it might make you more attractive to do so?

I know my husband would love me just as much as he does now if I decided not to shave my underarms, legs, etc.--but I like to be at my most attractive and I know he appreciates those things just as much as I appreciate him being clean shaven and well groomed.

Edited to add: Personally, I think men are supposed to be hairy in all the right places...

• JH
    JH
    Edited to add: Personally, I think men are supposed to be hairy in all the right places...

I think so too, and thats why I'm hairy at the right places.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Are you talking about hairy like this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit