We Have Wonderful People Here

by Sparkplug 42 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Got it! Thanks, Sara. I'll call HL tomorrow morning too.

Now, I'd better get to bed before I turn into a pumpkin. Might have already. Haven't checked.

Nina

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I just love ya'll. A picture does say a thousand words and emotions........I have goosebumps and happy tear after reading this.

This storm was horrible, in so many ways, but just look at humanity, there is no greater feeling than being a part of helping people. I know when I have needed help I was so thankful and overwhelmed by the goodness of strangers. One thing in the Bible that has always stood out to me as a universal truth........"there is more happiness in giving , than in receiving". I am sure you Texas bunch have to feel so warm inside , despite the heartache you have been feeling over this.

Bravo, ya'll are an inspiration to all of us. Pull together and watch what can be accomplished.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

That was so wonderful for you to do!! And you probably got more out of it than the ones you were helping. Americans are wonderful people that come together in crisis. No matter what other people think. (NO- I'm not including the gov't agencies that must have a corn cob up their ass.) I'm talking about the everyday people like ourselves.

I was at the Oklahoma City bombing two hours after it happened. 2 doctors and 4 nurses took lifeflight there to help with the Red Cross Diaster team. We were there for 48 hours, in make tents that served as ERs. Most of the heros there didn't recieve any credit. Yet, it was them that make a difference --with no regard to their own life. Regular citizens pored out in droves to see what they could do.

I want to go so bad, but I'm reaping the consequences of my actions when I lost my nursing license due to drugs. I'm in the process of hopefully getting them back early.

Don't forget--GIVE BLOOD!! That itself will make a difference in somene's life!

shelley

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I have to tell a story.

and I NEEDED to hear that..... thanks sooooo much. You 'guys' are wonderful. Thanks for sharing that.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Sparkplug- Reading this made me cry. It is so comforting to see how caring so many people are especially in such a devastating time. You have touched my heart and I think you all are amazing people...... can't stop crying..... so I will just say thank you to all of you.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Sparky didn't mention that we found out, after being with these folks for a couple of hours, that the baby is actually not hers, it's her sister's, and they didn't know if her sister had made it out alive. Fortunately, Billygoat found the mom's name on a list, she's at a shelter in Beaumont TX, and she has passed that message on to this couple.

• bebu
    bebu

Thanks for such a wonderful story!!!!

Those extra details answered my questions, six. Thanks!

bebu

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes
    Sparky didn't mention that we found out, after being with these folks for a couple of hours, that the baby is actually not hers, it's her sister's, and they didn't know if her sister had made it out alive. Fortunately, Billygoat found the mom's name on a list, she's at a shelter in Beaumont TX, and she has passed that message on to this couple.

WOW!!!

I tell ya , ya'll are just great. If I go missing for whatever reason, please send Andi/Billygoat to look for me........she's good!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If I get this right, then individual citizens like yourselves are going to the refugee point , donating necessities and taking people in... That is fantastic , you all deserve a medal

There has been too much bad press over here about America this week, with authorities uncertain and crime etc ... Let the world know what big generous hearts you people have

• Simon
    Simon

You've done a very good thing. It's good to know that people are getting direct help from good people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit