We Have Wonderful People Here

by Sparkplug 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I have to tell a story.

Yesterday I begged my boss to let me leave work to go to Reunion Arena and try to find a child or a mom and child to take in. Then I bugged the heck out of six of nine to go with me because I was not sure what I was getting into and did not want to go alone...though I would have.

So we went to the store and bought 100 dollars of items. Well I went over budget and Six paid another 100 for the rest of the items.

Then he bitched about the state of the world all the way down there. Blah Blah Blah...Till he met this lil baby. Then he got all teary eyed and turned into the cooing and babbling kid we all know and love. She made a pinky finger ring out of him in no time...

When we got there we unloaded all this stuff and walked on up to the arena and went in. I had my camera and seeing I was anxious to contact people I handed it over to Six who proceeded to get it confenscated (spelling)by the police or military because he was taking pictures where even the news cameras cannot go. This was followd by more cussing from Sixy because "What happened to freedom of press?"

So I see this lady and the most precious bundle of joy standing there and I ask if they are alone..but her husband/boyfriend was with her. I kept talking to her and they had come straight from the Superdome. They had found a place that rented them an apartment for 450 a month and they just needed to get there. Well Six passes that way to his home so we said we would take them after I found a family. She helped me get clearance to go in and talk to the people but there was not a huge amount of people off the buses there yet so I found nobody.

So the man walks up and he has no shoes. The baby has no shoes and is in a worn dress and an old pull up. So we go back to where the donations are got them some shoes clothes, toiletries what not and loaded up the back of the car. Six could only stay till noon and I till 2:30 and it is almost three by this time.

We go to my work and I took the baby in so that I would get some sympathy and not get in trouble. It worked and they told me to go home for the rest of the day and finish what I was doing. Everyone they met handed them handfulls of money and he had a pocketful before it was done. We went to my home and got them some groceries and some dishes and a radio and loaded them in Six's truck. He was to be home about noon mind you. It is now about 4PM. So I go on the after school run to pick up all the kiddos and get them home and he goes to the apartments to get them checked in.

Meanwhile Andie is told of this and her and Mozz go and get them a bed they had extra and bring them dinner. So way late at night they get in the apartment and get situated and mind you six is to be home at noon. Today my brother who is a witness and my mother who is a witness gave them a futon and a coffee table and my mom went to all her friends and collected groceries. I am to go pick it all up with six's truck and get it to them..

But the best part of it all is Andi found the babies momma and they will be reunited. So there you go!! One Huge success story. I also found an VW Bug, (origional model) Still running that needs some tires and a tune up for maybe 200dollars. So I am going to look into that and see what we can cook up to get them mobile. He already has a job lined up. So one family down...thousands to go.

They said thank you for all the help they have gotten and all the lil things that pull together. We took tpics and they said it was OK to show them around. (Mind you, they were at the superdome and lived thru that hell) And from the story it was sheer hell.

I pass out exhausted. six finally gets home...and doodles got an Elmo and her momma!!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Must've hit "new topic" instead of reply. This belongs here:

Bless you both for your wonderfully successful day.

And I'll bet you didn't even "screen" them to find out if they were Witnesses, or ex-JW's, or Americans, Muslims, Baptists, or whatever. And bless your mom for not caring either.

They were people.

That little girl's smile says it all.

MAJOR hugs,

Nina

• bisous
    bisous

wow ... do you guys rock or what??? Actions speak louder than words .... and yours are shouting from the rooftops!!! Congratulations!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Nina and bisous:

I am so happy I could cry and YES Doodles smile says it all!

They were running on no sleep they were so afraid of the rapings happening at the superdome that they stayed awake for days. They also had to take boat and a milk truck to get to the superdome, then rush the bus to get on. He passed out and the medics took them on or they would not have made it when they did. They had some belongings, but they had to drop all but one bag because that is all they were allowed. Unfortunately all forms of ID were dropped in the swampy water during the mess..

Her lil smile sure says it all. I think I fell in love with her on sight.

• nilfun
    nilfun

Simply beautiful.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I would say YOU are wonderful people, as well.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hey, Sparkplug, OhioCowboy is here now and he'd like to get together with Bubbamar if she and Dee are still in town. (I don't have their number.) We're meeting him for lunch at Ojeda's (Maple Avenue, downtown Dallas) tomorrow at noon.

ANY DALLAS 'POSTATES WHO WANT TO COME ARE WELCOME!!! Most of y'all know the way. If not, call me (but not too early tomorrow morning, please).

Nina

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Thanks but really it is nothing that people have not done for me before. Many a time in my life people have saved my skin and kept me together. I just pass it along.

Dont forget our Andi Angel and Mozz angel.

Six is one hell of a diapered cherub huh?

Anyone that has a chance, just drive down there and help. Go to the SBC Pioneers if you can't get in and volunteer thru them. Tell them Sara from "Top of the Town Club" sent ya! It sure helped us get in and go where we needed!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Nina. Let me try to call Six. He and Fossil are out. But he has a number that has a number. I will get word to them if I can!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

ok, Nina..you will have a PM shortly.

six says Hemplover would probably like to go. You may want to call her and I will send the number to contact about Bubamar.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit