BUSH --- Too Little, Too Late

by Ms. Whip 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

“A lot of people are working hard to help those who’ve been affected. The results are not acceptable,” he said. “I’m heading down there right now.” -Bush

Dear Mr. Bush,

Since you are facing the lowest approval ratings of your presidency. Why has your response been so slow? Why did you wait until Two days AFTER the storm to "cut your vacation short"? Why are you going to get a second, closer look at the devastation?

NEW ORLEANS is DESTROYED. PEOPLE ARE DYING IN AMERICA! YOUR COUNTRY IS FALLING APART! DO SOMETHING NOW!!!

Sincerely,

AMERICA

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I always feel flimflammed when Bush talks. I see him talking, his lips moving but, somehow I feel I'm being taken for a ride. His mind is just not on his prepared speech. Hell, he can't even pronounce the words that were written for him. Don't get me wrong, I love America and I am certainly NOT a Bush hater. Just a rational human seeing something that doesn't make sense.

If a Major Catastrophe had happened to the Suburbs of Washington, Beverly Hills, Silicon Valley or the Chicago North Shore enclaves of Kenilworth, Glencoe and Lake Forest would the Government's reaction have been the same?

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Your whip is required in Washington asap...

• Texas Apostate
    Texas Apostate

As I mentioned in another thread. The persons who should have handled this situation better from the beggining are....

The Mayor, Ray Nagin, a Democrat. He is in charge of the city. He should have done more to prepare the city for the worse, its not like he didn't have sufficient warning.

The Governor, Kathleen Blanco, a Democrat. Should have sent in the National guard to help in the evacution of the city, and security after the hurricane hit.

Bush is not out of fault. But I hardly see how he could have done more if the first two idiots couldn't handle their own city and state.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Well I have so much to say about Mr. Bush. Where to begin.

According to several sources I've read, the feds are party responsible for creating the floods because of their levees. I have no personal knowledge, just what I read.

Yesterday NPR said Prez has diverted funds from social programs to fund 'marriage education'. Program's goal: keep poor people married and pressure unmarried poor people to get married, because as we all know, marriage is a cure to poverty. <rolls eyes>

So....marriage education, a poor approval rating from a Prez who barely got elected in the 1st place, senseless war with daily casualties (how many yrs have troops been in Iraq and what is gained?), ridiculous gas prices and no efforts being made to require use of fuel alternatives, predictable natural disaster with poor govt. response......what's next?........I am really afraid for us.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Everyone, you have got to listen to this incredible radio interview with the New Orleans Mayor, Ray Nagin... he is PISSED at FEMA and Bush....

http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/us/2005/09/02/wwl.nagin.intv.affl

(There is a 30 second commercial you have to watch before you can hear the interview)

• rebel8
    rebel8

Wow Elsewhere, thanks for sharing that link. That was really powerful, especially at the end when both the mayor and the media guy broke down in tears and were speechless! I see a Pulitzer Prize in that guy's future for sure.

I wonder if Bush has sent the CIA over to off the mayor now, and make it look like an accident.

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip
    "Don't tell me 40,000 people are coming here, they not here. It's too dog-gone late. Get off your asses and let's do something and let's fix the biggest god damned crisis in the history of this Country" New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin

Elsewhere. Thank you for posting that.

I am ashamed to be an American today.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I just heard on CNN that Bush, instead of taking another phony chopper tour from the sky, is gonna do a walking tour of New Orleans....Who is he foolin?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Here is an article about the interview...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/02/katrina.nagin/index.html

New Orleans mayor lashes out at feds

Nagin: 'They are spinning and people are dying'

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (CNN) -- As his city skidded deeper into chaos, New Orleans' embattled mayor accused federal officials of dragging their feet while people are dying in deplorable conditions.

Mayor Ray Nagin's voice cracked with anger and anguish Thursday night in an interview with New Orleans radio station WWL.

"We're getting reports and calls that [are] breaking my heart from people saying, 'I've been in my attic. I can't take it anymore. The water is up to my neck. I don't think I can hold out.' And that's happening as we speak."

Nagin said the time has long past for federal authorities to act on their promises.

"You mean to tell me that a place where you probably have thousands of people that have died and thousands more that are dying every day, that we can't figure out a way to authorize the resources that we need? Come on man," he said.

"I need reinforcements," he pleaded. "I need troops, man. I need 500 buses, man. This is a national disaster.

"I've talked directly with the president," he said. "I've talked to the head of the homeland security. I've talked to everybody under the sun."

After scheduled visits to devastated areas in Alabama and Mississippi, President Bush was expected to fly over the hurricane-ravaged city on Friday.

As he left the White House, Bush said, "The results are not acceptable. I'm headed down there right now."

He said he was "looking forward" to thanking people involved in disaster-relief efforts and assuring victims that short-term and long-term help is on the way.

Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said Thursday that he thinks the Federal Emergency Management Agency and other federal agencies have done a "magnificent job" under difficult circumstances, citing their "courage" and "ingenuity." [Comment: What the fck?!?!?!?]

Insisting that aid is coming as fast as possible, Chertoff said, "You can't fly helicopters in a hurricane. You can't drive trucks in a hurricane."

FEMA Director Michael Brown told CNN on Friday, "My heart breaks. What we're doing, we're ramping up."

Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco said she hoped the amount of needed aid would begin arriving Friday.

"I'm not going to stand here and play the blame game," Blanco said. "We have a problem. Let's get to the problem."

The tempers of those waiting for food, water and relief from relentless heat continued to boil Friday as they waited for help to arrive, some in shocking conditions that were only getting worse. At least one large explosion rocked the city early Friday.

In the radio interview, Nagin's frustration was palpable.

"I've been out there man. I flew in these helicopters, been in the crowds talking to people crying, don't know where their relatives are. I've done it all man, and I'll tell you man, I keep hearing that it's coming. This is coming, that is coming. And my answer to that today is BS, where is the beef? Because there is no beef in this city. "

Nagin said, "Get every Greyhound bus in the country and get them moving."

Nagin called for a moratorium on press conferences "until the resources are in this city."

"They're feeding the people a line of bull, and they are spinning and people are dying," he said.

"I don't know whether it's the governor's problem, or it's the president's problem, but somebody needs to get ... on a plane and sit down, the two of them, and figure this out right now," Nagin said.

"They thinking small, man, and this is a major, major deal," he said.

"Get off your asses and let's do something."

The mayor said except for a few "knuckleheads," the looting is the result of desperate people just trying to find food and water to survive.

Nagin blamed the outbreak of crime and violence on drug addicts who are cut off from their drug supplies and wandering the city "looking to take the edge off their jones."

Nagin is in his first term as mayor. He was sworn in May 2002. A Democrat, he was a popular reform candidate who promised to clean up the city's political corruption. He's a former cable company executive.

• Seven
    Seven
    I just heard on CNN that Bush, instead of taking another phony chopper tour from the sky, is gonna do a walking tour of New Orleans....Who is he foolin?

I heard they were going to set him down on a roof top and fly alway but he has nothing to fear. Help is on the way!!! Just wade for a few miles chest deep in shite water and dead bodies and he can pull up a piece of the pavement and wait for five days for a drink of water. Help is on the way you m**********r!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit