BUSH --- Too Little, Too Late

by Ms. Whip 34 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Well stilla, before it's all said and done, I'm *certain* that Rush Limbaugh will find some way to blame this all on Clinton.

• talesin
    talesin

I was just watching the news, and they showed a clip of dubya,,,

"well, no one knew the levees wouldn't hold"

I KID YOU NOT!

Then, they reported how the Army Corps of Engineers requested $105 million for work on the levees last year, and were given $35 million. They have been warning the government about this for decades.

Yah, no one knew ....

lol ... errmmm,,, I'm a Canadian, and I knew.

t

• Fangorn
    Fangorn

Yeah, and they requested money during Clinton's administration, and the administrations before that. You might check and see if they requested money to upgrade the levee to Cat 4 or 5 (they didn't) and even if they'd been given the money the work wouldn't have been done by now anyway.

• talesin
    talesin

fang

Yes, you are correct. And it is a sin (tho I am not one to use that word in the religious sense) that this potential for disaster has been ignored until thousands of people are dying.

It's just that dubya seems (to us here, where I live) to be an elitist, and lives in his own little world, without regard for the 'little people'. Our Prime Minister is of the same ilk, and I have no respect for him, either.

Since the subject of THIS thread is BUSH, and not Clinton, I don't see how your remarks are relevant.

tal

• Fangorn
    Fangorn

Its relevant because what happened in New Orleans doesn't have a damn thing to do with Bush. Oh, go ahead and indict the US Congress as well because they're the ones that actually write the spending bills.

• talesin
    talesin

Fang,

Again, you are right.

It is his nerve that surprises me .. or else it is stupidity.

How can he say "no one knew the levees wouldn't hold" ??

He has a Yale education, does he not? He is either stupid, or else thinks that the common people are stupid enough to swallow that kind of remark.

I'm not saying this angrily,,, but incredulously. Does he really think the average taxpayer is that dumb?

And seeing him being friends with the Saudi prince, blatantly holding hands with him, which is a firm indication that they are bosom buddies, sickened me. It's all a big, happy family of the elite rich that rules the world. Clinton is one of them. The guy who is being touted as the next PM of Canada, Frank McKenna, is also part of their network. They had a big meeting here in July (Nova Scotia, where I live) at an exclusive resort, which was attended by Clinton, McKenna and some of Bush's cohorts, to plan their next moves to screw the Canadian and American people. Why can't the majority of folks see what is really going on in the world?

It makes me feel more sad than angry, to tell the truth. Let's not fight about it, okay? Because then THEY WIN, and I would rather us 'regular folks' stick together.

I can say,,, yes, I disagree with you, friend ... and that's okay. It's not about partisan politics, it is about classicism. Only my opinion, but you may want to seriously consider that point of view.

xo

tal

• Fangorn
    Fangorn

talesin you're being civil and I appreciate that. The truth is that after the hurrican EVERYONE thought New Orleans had dodged the bullet. The mayor, the governor, and tens of thousands of inhabitants. Obviously they all thought the levee was going to hold, otherwise they'd have been running. So then, out of the entire population President Bush was the only one that was supposed to be prescient enough to know that the levee wasn't going to hold? All of these threads are simply opportunities for dedicated Bush bashers to bash some more, any excuse is a good excuse. I think it's reprehensible.

One other thing, my understand is that the section of levee that gave way that caused the real problem was not one of the sections they intended to repair.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I'll admit it. I'm a little angry at Bush. When something like this happens, you expect to be comforted by your leaders. You expect them to address the nation and show us how we're going to be okay. Exactly like he did on 9/11.

Yes, Bush has made statements, but why did he wait to do it? Days after the storm, Bush went to visit the area (which he SHOULD HAVE DONE no matter the cost), but, like others, I got the feeling he was just there for the photo op.

After 9/11, there was an immediate response. Why did it take DAYS, not hours to get help to New Orleans? I know there has to be a good reason. When people are in trouble like this there shouldn't be any such thing as Democrat or Republican.

CountryGuy

• roybatty
    roybatty

I have a feeling that even if Bush would have lost the 04 elections and Kerry were in offce, GW would still get blamed.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes
    First start with the citizens, the city called a MANDATORY evacuation to get out. They didnt say "Well... if you think you can ride it out feel free to stay". They said "Get the f*ck out".

I heard on the news that 80% of those told to evacute did just that , they hauled ass out .

The other 20 % , were the poorest of poor, those who had no family out of Louisiana, there are folks there with 5 generations born and raised right there still in New Orleans. So their only family was right there in the same sitiuation, just as poor and they didnt have friends out of state to run to. Their whole world was right there in New Orleans. Included in the 20% were the ones who just didnt want to leave for whatever reason, like staying for their property, trying to ride it out , whatever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit