BUSH --- Too Little, Too Late

by Ms. Whip 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Kinda reminds me of that scene from "Animal House" when the entire town is running and screaming from the parade. Kevin Bacon played a security guard who kept saying: "Remain calm. All is well."

Sounds like that character is now in charge of FEMA and/or the government.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Blows my mind how quickly people jump on the bandwagon and blame Bush. No matter what he does, or doesn't do, it won't make most people happy.

People on this board have no clue what really goes on behind the scenes in a situation like this. For all we know, maybe he is doing everything possible. Maybe he isn't. But complaining about it isn't doing any good either.

The fact is, that those who live in the area have known for many years that this was a problem. They should have made it a priority to get ithandled before disaster happened. Forget all the help they may or should have gotten from the government. This is their city. They should have figured this out a long time ago.

That being said, what has happened, sucks, and every resource should be made available to help all those people.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I completely agree with freedom.

Too many people on this board and in the world are quick to blame Bush for everything that goes on.

Even though he is the president, there are still a TON of people involved in making decisions... even of things in this magnitude.

I hate saying this, but it seems more and more that presidents today are more of a figure head than anything else.

If you MUST point fingers and lay blame. Start with New Orleans.

First start with the citizens, the city called a MANDATORY evacuation to get out. They didnt say "Well... if you think you can ride it out feel free to stay". They said "Get the f*ck out".

I'm sure people didnt do so for various reasons, but thats their decision.

Also... when help does finally arrive. DONT F*CKING SHOOT AT THEM! Its counter productive!

Second, the blame lies with CITY officials. They KNEW for a long time that something like this could happen yet they did not upgrade their leevys (which at the time could only hold up to a Cat3 hurricane) to be able to withstand something like this.

Also, for not being better prepared with an evacuation plan to make sure that everyone that wanted out could get out. The National Guard should have been called in BEFORE the hurricane hit to assist with the evacuation, not just afterwards to help maintain order.

I have heard from a friend who lives near the area that the city was providing busses to get out of town. All you had to do was show up at the mall in the morning and off you went. I am checking on how true that statement is and will get back to you.

Kansas District Overbeer

• berten
    berten

>Blows my mind how quickly people jump on the bandwagon and blame Bush...

I find it amazing that there are still people supporting Bush and his cronies,who

siphoned nearly all available funds off to their pet-projects,while lowering

the funds to projects that could have prevented disasters like what is happening now

in N O .

>That being said, what has happened, sucks,

What an understatement !

>and every resource should be made available to help all those people.

Let's ask the Pentagon for a few billion,why don't we?

(Now I just heard in the news that Belgium together with other European countries

are willing to give some of their oil-reserves to the U.S.: It's an upside-down world...)

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain
    Now I just heard in the news that Belgium together with other European countries

are willing to give some of their oil-reserves to the U.S.: It's an upside-down world

We have oil up the wazoo. What we need is gasoline. Our refineries are down, thanks to the enviromentalists on the left that would blame GWB for high gas prices.

The federal government was sending money to Nawlins until it was blue in the face. You know what happened to that money? Yup, your brave defenders of the "poor" spent the money on social services, much like it always did since the days of Huey Long.

The Louisiana Democratic party always greases their palms with public money for other goods. This time, it cost them over a thousand lives. Don't blame the man that's been there for 6 years, blame the Democratic machine that's been there for 50.

• freedom96
    freedom96
    Let's ask the Pentagon for a few billion,why don't we?

From what I have heard, 10 billion is already been set aside for this diaster.

• eljefe
    eljefe

Here is a list of things to blame Bush about: bring Hurricane Katrina, not doing enough about Katrina, me stubbing my toe this morning, and for being a white man.

I am most concerned about him making me stub my toe this morning. It hurt really, really bad.

I am really tired of people (mostly on the left) taking Katrina and making it political before the first person has been buried.

• Grouper
    Grouper

If national political democrats are going to blame the republican president, they should first start off by blaming the democratic governor of the state and the democratic mayor. The mayor could taken a page out of NY mayor Giuliani emergency contingency plan. And if you want to start asking the pentagon for money from their coffers lets also ask for money from the coffers (which far exceed the defense budget) of the wasteful abused social services that make many poor and minorities dependant on hand outs (government) to assist them.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I saw him in a news conference today, and it was painful and embarrasing to watch. There is a total disconnect. He is bumbling and stumbling his way through his own life, but it just so happens that all of our lives are intertwined with his to a degree far greater than that of your average stumble-bum, which really sucks. In the immediate aftermath of 9/11, Bush looked powerful and resilient, and that was admirable. But in the face of nature's wrath, he's a deer in the headlights. With Katrina he doesn't have a tangible enemy, only the maddening indifference of the cosmos, which must be terribly hard for a person of such Strong Faithâ„¢ to come to grips with.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes it is all George Bush's fault - lets blame him

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit