one week from today

by Mulan 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

..............I will be 60!!

I can't believe I am that old, and I don't feel it at all. I feel like I am 40..............but wish I looked 40! Hahahhaha.

We are going to Las Vegas on Monday, for my birthday, (our eldest son and his wife are coming too), so hoping I can forget how old I'm getting. 60 used to sound so old, so I wonder why I don't feel old.

Accepting condolences anytime, gang.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

book coverYou're Not Old Until You're Ninety

Best to Be Prepared, However

Rebecca Latimer

• damselfly
    damselfly

Happy Birthday!

Hope you have fun in Vegas.

Dams

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Will we see you dressed in purple with a red hat? Happy Birthday Mulan, have a great trip. Remember my motto: Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

Sherry

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Happy Birthday to one of my favorite JWD moms!

Happy birthday to you!

Happy birthday to you!

Happy birthday to Mulaaaan.

Happy birthday to youuuuu!

My present to you, is that this song is in written form.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Will we see you dressed in purple with a red hat?

Somehow I doubt it! Thanks Andi and Sherry, for the nice sentiments. (I'll never grow up, and will be dragged kicking and screaming into old age)

Fortunately my mother is 93 and it's still fun hanging out with her. Now she's old with a young attitude. People are always so shocked when they find out how old she is, because she has taken really good care of her skin, dresses beautifully, wears makeup very tastefully, and has beautiful white hair and looks about 75. She always tells me I look 35. Of course her eyes are failing. Hahahhahaha.

Now, if I could get a good night's sleep I would be really happy. Been awake since about 3:30 AM, posting here.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have a Grandma (she's closed to 93 too) , well she's not my actual grandma she's my husband grandma but I call her grandma just the same since both of my grandmothers are dead, and she's the sweetest thing and has totally adopted me into her family. Boy can she talk! When she has the energy and the mood she will come out and talk my ear off, but I dont mind. I'm just tickle that she likes me that much to do that.

Josie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Condolences, Mulan!

Happy B-day. [Boy I hope using B-day instead of Birthday doesn't get Hibiscus all fired up and self righteous on us! ] LOL

Jeff

• MidwichCuckoo
  • Princess
    Princess

You don't look it either so wear it proud and enjoy the shocked looks when you tell people your age....just don't be one of those people who goes around telling everyone they are 60 for the shock value like Grandma .

Bummer you are going to Vegas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit